Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first got my Pro kits I read around and was told that it wasn't really necessary to get new camber kit because it was such a mild drop...

I would highly recommend people to get it because after installing them I went and got a new set of Falken Tires, now after about 7k miles my rear tires are completely bald with some wires showing :thumbsdow Due to the "Negative Camber"....front tires are perfectly fine tho

I'm looking into getting some cambers now anyone recommend any specific brand...and even tho my front tires are fine am I supposed to get cambers for them too?? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i think you meant to type "unnecessary" instead of "necessary" lol post some pics of your negative camber and maybe we can see how bad it actually is. just so you know, incorrect toe alignment will cause more tire wear than negative camber.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A camber kit is a good idea. after the drop, my camber went in alot more. I have my car setup for handling so i don't mind as much but anyone who wants tire life should pick up a camber kit

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
So when I first got my Pro kits I read around and was told that it was really necessary to get new camber kit because it was such a mild drop...

I would highly recommend people to get it because after installing them I went and got a new set of Falken Tires, now after about 7k miles my rear tires are completely bald with some wires showing :thumbsdow Due to the "Negative Camber"....front tires are perfectly fine tho

I'm looking into getting some cambers now anyone recommend any specific brand...and even tho my front tires are fine am I supposed to get cambers for them too?? :dunno:
Well, I know I have said you need a camber kit on here before (for the rear tires only). I think that the newer gens do not need a camber kit but ours do.

Yes, you need a camber kit. You should have been able to see the negative tilt of your rear wheels and should have been seeing it way before it got that bad if your on some kind of rotation schedule, IMO. Did you not get an alignment after the kit was installed and see the negative alignment results?

The rears need a camber because there is no adjustment on them vs. the front.

Any cambers will do that have an adjustment.

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
wow im surprised. I have the prokit and ive gone almost 10k miles with pretty normal wear with no camber kit. what kind of shocks did you use? I do have a negative camber but it doesnt seem that bad where it chews up the inside of my tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So when I first got my Pro kits I read around and was told that it was really necessary to get new camber kit because it was such a mild drop...

Interesting... I have had my ProKit springs on the car since 2007. The alignment came well within factory specs without a camber kit. I am on the original set of tires that I bought the car new in 2006.
The question would be to you... did you get an an alignment after having the springs installed? If not, the tires wearing out is your fault. If you did get an alignment, then I would question the people that did the alignment.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've had my prokit going on two years this october. I have the Ingalls rear camber kit and stock everything in the front. I have been on those tires since the may before I put the prokit on, and they are still in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the one on ebay is 159 and 105 on Ingalls....haha I have a question though, so I its one for each side right so I would only have to get 1 order right

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well on the Ingalls website, 105 is only for one camber arm, so you would have to buy two. It says "order 1 kit per side". Unless I'm reading it wrong, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
always get a camber kit after lowering the car!

Off topic but are you guys all running on stock struts?! have they blown yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts

Hmm... I didn't install a camber kit and car aligned back to nominal factory specs easily.
For a minor drop such as the ProKits give, you should not need a camber kit for the 7th gen.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hmm... I didn't install a camber kit and car aligned back to nominal factory specs easily.
For a minor drop such as the ProKits give, you should not need a camber kit for the 7th gen.
That is possible but without knowing you year car who knows. The 03-05 prokit would need a camber kit. Mine did. I ran mine without it for a while and it wore the inside tires down.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

at 160Km I would change out the struts if your going to change out the springs, imo and if your keeping the car for a long time? My stock struts were still good up through 273km when I changed them out. All miles were with prokit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is possible but without knowing you year car who knows. The 03-05 prokit would need a camber kit. Mine did. I ran mine without it for a while and it wore the inside tires down.
I am assuming you had the car aligned after the install of the springs, you would of known if it would of or would not of needed a camber kit. The point I am trying to make is, get the car on the alignment rack and see if it will align into factory specs without the camber kit.

The statement that all cars that are lowered need a camber kit is not true.

My ProKits are on Koni Sport adjustables installed on the middle perch. I am considering dropping to the lowest perch. The alignment will dictate if I need a camber kit or not.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I am assuming you had the car aligned after the install of the springs, you would of known if it would of or would not of needed a camber kit. The point I am trying to make is, get the car on the alignment rack and see if it will align into factory specs without the camber kit.

The statement that all cars that are lowered need a camber kit is not true.

My ProKits are on Koni Sport adjustables installed on the middle perch. I am considering dropping to the lowest perch. The alignment will dictate if I need a camber kit or not.
I had mine alligned right after installing ths springs without a camber kit, and it would not go into spec. After waiting two weeks for the springs to settle I added my camber kit and got it back into spec. I am also driving on the stock struts (going on 2 years now).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My ProKits are on Koni Sport adjustables installed on the middle perch.
that changes it a little then because I would imagine that you could adjust out some camber vs. we are on non adjustable shocks so no adjustment is possible if out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
that changes it a little then because I would imagine that you could adjust out some camber vs. we are on non adjustable shocks so no adjustment is possible if out.
The adjustability is in the dampening. Mounting options are in the perch locations which could affect camber. Middle perch is the same as stock struts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts