Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv abandoned my 2 12" L7 idea. my new set up consist of 1 15" JL(forgot which model, it has the 2 big JL white letters in the mid) 500 rms sub in ported box with matching amp(JX360/2), thats good enough for me, no rattle and not booming loud but perfect SQ. what im looking for is a good amp to go with my hertz set-up. here's the specs.

ENERGY
6x9 hertz ECX 690--
40mm tweet
15mm supertweet
imped. 4 ohms
95 db/spl
freq. range- 40/23k Hz
power handling--200W peak. 100W rms
crossover- integrated 3k/7k Hz @ 6db Oct.

DIECI
DSK 165
6.5 AND TWEET COMP
tweet-15mm
woofer DIN-6.5
impedence-4 ohm
efficiency- 93db spl
freq. range-50/21k Hz
crossover-LO/HI-pass 3.5 kHz @ 6/12 db Oct.
power handling-160w peak. 80w rms/continuous.

the issue is that whenever i play music, the music crackles and clips at high volumes( 30+ on the HU) i still have my stock HU and all equipment are hooked up through that. im not sure the watts that the built-in amp pushes out but i dont think it high enough for the new speakers, hence the reason it sounds like their struggling to get some juice. i was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem??

o, its an 2005 accord 4 door V6 EX-L - non navi 6 cd changer.. plz help

i will post pics up at a later date

·
Registered
628 Posts
most headunits internal amps clips at the halfway point or so of the volume scale. Any true 50 watt RMS or greater 4 channel amp should do the trick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iv decided to get the JL amp XD 600/1 mono class d XD and a XD 400/4 class D for inside speakers. let me tell u..... this sh*t screems!! i crank it up at max volume.... no clipping, no distortion, no nothing but very,very,very loud.. but CLEAR performance. and the amp to power 2 15" JL speakers in sealed box is clean. granted it was expensive, it was worth every penny, i will post pics soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts