Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I want to get some twenty inch wheels the early part of next year. I have a dilemma on what drop I should go with. I want the Tein SS with EDFC dropped about 1.5 all the way around with 20x10 rear 285,30,20 and 20x8.5 front 245,35,20. Now I want the car to be comfortable and aggressive like it currently is stock but with the twenty inch rims and the lowering. What is the lowest drop I should go with for a daily driven accord to safely traverse drive ways and every day obscurities?However since the car is brand new I want to be mindful of the warranty if I drop the car on the Teins will it void the warranty? How will the car sit with the factory sport suspension on 20" wheels? comments questions and suggestions welcome and appreciated....

·
Internet
502 Posts
teins will void the suspension part of the warranty if im not mistaken...
caus...well..youre removing the suspension lol

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Depends on the wheels, but often you will have a bit of a "raised" effect with the 20" wheels. So your real total drop may be more like 2.5" or so.

As was said above, not sure what you want factory warrantied. You could always remove your coilovers and replace back with your stock struts/springs. If you remove the stock components from the car, it's not really warrantied anymore unless it's some other specific part you are concerned about.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Removing the stock springs and all will VOID your warranty. I would be careful with this course of action. I too am looking into something along these lines. I agree that the Tein SS is the best choice for aftermarket options. However, it does VOID your warranty due to no longer having the stock suspension installed. So, I would be careful with this course of action. After the original warranty, I would vote to say it no longer matters. Although, I will point out, this is completely a personal opinion and has nothing to do with what is suggested by the Honda or a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts