·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
849 Posts
They look good but i doubt it is oem quality. I would get some outdoor silicone rtv sealant and would put it where the housing meets the lense. Aftermarket headlights and fog lights tend to have issues with leaks and cloudy lenses way before an oem goes through it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I promise, it's one of the best fitting own quality fit I have put on a honda. I have two EG's and one EK. I know a lot about aftermarket parts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
849 Posts
Do u have some close up pictures

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crappy picture, i will send a better one in the day time. they look so good and very good fitment. i event used the oem mounting bracket, it fit perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
why not just change the OEM lights and put an overlay/vinyl. A lot cheaper ... and probably better (keeping OEM housing)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That way if i change it back to stock i can do it easily. Its just easier and fits great. they have been on for about 5 months. no leaks or signs of moisture at all.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just put these in too. I like the entire lens being yellow instead of just the "front" like with the overlays you can buy.

I agree with everything to OP has posted. Kit comes with nice wiring, metal "bracket" for the fogs as well as a 99.9999% factory shroud. I only used the lense assembly.

for $70 ill take it all day. I'll save the wiring, fuses, switch for a nitrous install on another car because its really good quality stuff with weatherpack connections.

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
Assuming the OP has an LX? Otherwise, why would one replace the OEM fogs with an inferior product? Unless you damaged the OEM fogs and want to save money by replacing with a cheaper aftermarket brand? :dunno:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Seems like it's a choice of look and not performance. My choice was to simply change the bulbs to 3500k bulbs.

Amazon.com: GP THUNDER 3500K H8 Fog High Low Beam Angel Eyes Golden Yellow SGP35K-H8 Pair: Automotive
I had a similar bulb and the yellow lens with "basic" phillips h8 bulb is "brighter" but any fog lights light output is poor on these cars.

If you put these next to factory fog lights, you couldn't tell which one was aftermarket and which was OEM. Quality is very, very nice like the OP stated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That way if i change it back to stock i can do it easily. Its just easier and fits great. they have been on for about 5 months. no leaks or signs of moisture at all.

Do you own a LX? and if so did your car come with fog lights?

I've been trying to install some fogs on my LX for a while now but i'm not sure if the car already has wiring for me to just plug into.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you know this product is inferior to OEM? You don't and if it was I wouldn't put it on my car. Yellow fogs, if you have not seen Japanese cars and other cars including German cars, on the road with them than you don't know what the purpose of them are. The more yellow the light ( Kelvin) is the better you can actually see especially with fog lights.

All of you fools putting HID's on fog lights for looks, absurdly retarded and actually less clarity and will obscure your ability to see properly in certain conditions. Yellow fogs aren't just for looks.

I have an EXL V6

Better clarity on the road in bad conditions and it gives your car more of a JDM look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are they still holding up OK? I'm thinking about ordering a set for my 2015 Sport.

I've had really bad luck with the aftermarket fog lights I ordered for my last couple of Civics. They tended to look great all summer, but the winter always seemed to take a told on them. On the last set the lenses cracked and one of them filled completely with water. I guess with all eBay junk, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are they still holding up OK? I'm thinking about ordering a set for my 2015 Sport.

I've had really bad luck with the aftermarket fog lights I ordered for my last couple of Civics. They tended to look great all summer, but the winter always seemed to take a told on them. On the last set the lenses cracked and one of them filled completely with water. I guess with all eBay junk, you get what you pay for.

Its working good!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts