Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an '03 Accord EX-V6 and I've been doing a little research on performance chips for my car. It's literally bone stock as it is (I just got it recently) and once it gets a little warmer out here, I'd like to start making some modifications. When I heard about putting a chip in, I was intrigued and looked up how much they cost, installation videos, and people's opinion on them in general. I found that people seemed to either really like them or really hate them for some reason, so I guess I'm just wondering if it'd be a good or bad idea for my Accord, and would there be any major downfalls to doing it if I were to eventually do it?

Thanks in advance.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Please do post a link to said chip.

Most chips are eBay scams promising lifelong happiness and infinite MPG's...

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
No. All they do is trick the ECU into thinking more air is going into the intake than really is, so the ECU dumps more fuel in. All it does is cause the engine to run rich and won't help performance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the one that I had found. Frankly, a performance boost of "up to 30 HP" for only $70 and a 5 minute installation sounded a bit too good to be true.

http://www.gforcechips.com/hondaaccord.aspx

Just as a follow-up, how about getting it tuned? I don't know how common that is on Accords but I'm interested.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
how about getting it tuned?
If you were to do it right;

TL-S ECU
+ jumper harness
+ Hondata

Cost is well over $1G but it's the only way...

*Only applicable to 6MT V6 Accords.

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Spend $69 on doing a Ram intake, or removing your resonator and third muffler from your exhaust. 30 HP from a chip? that's just ridiculous lol

If you really wanna get into more pricey mods get a lightweight underdrive pulley, or downpipe if you have $400-$1000 sitting around.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Only way is hondata flash pro,6mt harness, and tl ecu. I'm ordering mine this week :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts