Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
You might as well donate the money you were going to spent to your favorite charity, it will do more good; IIRC no one has cracked Honda's ECU code to properly modify the firmware.

The only chip I'd be paying money for would be potato/corn chips.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... thats just horrible what a bunch of crooks... thanks for the heads up. I guess there are no performance ecu chips for our 7th gen accords.

·
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe
631 Posts
Lol, thought it was rather cheap for what you get (60hp). I know someone who paid $500 for 50hp on his jetta, was kind of surprised you would get 60hp for $69
well on jetta they actualy have computer chips that reprogram ecu or made modification to firmware. thats how they change programing when you tweak with boost on boosted cars. on subarus and evos i think they just plug int oobd2 and change programing from there couse somebody already craked the code. for accord there isnt much demand i think so they dont bother

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
well on jetta they actualy have computer chips that reprogram ecu or made modification to firmware. thats how they change programing when you tweak with boost on boosted cars. on subarus and evos i think they just plug int oobd2 and change programing from there couse somebody already craked the code. for accord there isnt much demand i think so they dont bother
Yeah, I was looking into doing this for my accord, had a thread going on this forum and another one, found out quickly it wasn't vert plausible.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Well, there is kpro with a K-Tuned harness and an RSX-S ECU from Hondata but that is way more than $69. Definitely not worth the spend if you only plan on running bolt ons.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
It has an adjustable knob on it! :)
Seriously, people like that need to be smacked by the long arm of the law.
If you look at their MPG results, their 'base' has nothing to do with a base mpg reading - they simply lowered the EPA claim for the 'before' then put in the normal mpg.
Their HP 'proof' is also asinine. For example, they claim a 2002 Mustang GT puts out 270 hp stock (it put out 260) then they say with their chip, it becomes 302 hp. Oddly enough, that's precisely the torque rating of the stock car.
They claim an 07 Fit starts with 137hp, while it actually comes stock with 109. Then they claim that with their chip, they got 150 hp. 109 to 150. With a $70 chip. Riiiiight.
This is so much bs wrapped into a pretty website. Hilarious.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 2nd Accord last week, after a few years without. I was mainly looking for something more suitable for a family, since i just got married and have aquired a set of twins in the process.
Anyway, I found a very good deal on a 2009 EX V6. I purchased one of these chips from autochipsdirect.com. I have NO expectations and I dont expect to come anywhere CLOSE to the performance / mpg gains that are claimed. but I am going to drive my car stock for a few weeks, put the chip in and do the same and compare.
Like I said. . not expectations, but I will post the results if anyone is interested.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
I just bought my 2nd Accord last week, after a few years without. I was mainly looking for something more suitable for a family, since i just got married and have aquired a set of twins in the process.
Anyway, I found a very good deal on a 2009 EX V6. I purchased one of these chips from autochipsdirect.com. I have NO expectations and I dont expect to come anywhere CLOSE to the performance / mpg gains that are claimed. but I am going to drive my car stock for a few weeks, put the chip in and do the same and compare.
Like I said. . not expectations, but I will post the results if anyone is interested.
DO NOT DO!
Chances are very, very good that installing the chip will damage your vehicle. There have been numerous complaints lodged about this company. No one has seen an improvement. Some have reported damage to their vehicle. Everyone has complaints with getting their money back and customer service.
This. Chip. Won't. Do. Anything.
How anyone could read this thread through and STILL decide to go ahead and install one of these is beyond me.
Go here and read: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/ww...hipsdirect.com
Pay attention to this: "no one has cracked Honda's ECU code to properly modify the firmware."
Seriously - all kidding aside, this was a waste of money. You are way better off returning it and getting your money back, but bear in mind that's very likely going to require you contacting your credit card company and explaining that it is a scam, which means it could be weeks before you see any of your money.
The friggin' directions REQUIRE you to cut the wires leading to your MAF. Do you realize what that means? It means when you pop the thing in and figure out it's a huge scam, you are very likely to have to spend money to have a professional fix what you've broken.
Do people not read threads before posting anymore? :dunno: The CHIP has a friggin' KNOB on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know? ECU

Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt the jandnextlevelperformance ecu to the 7th gen accord coupe. From what i see online it says it is for j-series motors and it works on the acura tl. I know with things like the Apexi smart accel controller it was able to be put on a 7th gen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts