Banned
13,097 Posts
You know the drill....

fast, reliable, cheap- pick two.

Or four bottles of "NAWS" like Vin Diesel:

And/or:

·
4,637 Posts
Make sure all maintenace is up to date and detail it up real nice. The car will cut through the wind better with a nice slick coat of wax on it. Focus on paying the car off if it isn't. Put $200-300 per month to the side for a repair /future down payment fund. Since the car is almost 10 years old.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
Removing the intake resonator was a nice touch on my 4 banger, I like the added howl when merging on the highway.

Although I can't YET speak to other mods, I have a TSX IM, SRI, and TL RSB to add to "Betty White" in the very near future (because I got them for a crazy bargain) ...

IMHO - clean it ... the MAF, TB, Seafoam the crank/gas tank/IM, change the oil and tranny fluid. Then do an idle reset ... I did this to Betty after about two weeks of ownership, and I swear she runs like she's brand new again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Removing the intake resonator was a nice touch on my 4 banger, I like the added howl when merging on the highway.

Although I can't YET speak to other mods, I have a TSX IM, SRI, and TL RSB to add to "Betty White" in the very near future (because I got them for a crazy bargain) ...

IMHO - clean it ... the MAF, TB, Seafoam the crank/gas tank/IM, change the oil and tranny fluid. Then do an idle reset ... I did this to Betty after about two weeks of ownership, and I swear she runs like she's brand new again.
Car only has 16k miles on it and is paid off. I just wondered if the tsx im, the weapon SRI is worth it. How much improvment is it over stock?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
Car only has 16k miles on it and is paid off. I just wondered if the tsx im, the weapon SRI is worth it. How much improvment is it over stock?
Your '04 only has only 16k ? My '07 has 104k ... wow ...

I'll be sure to let you know how they feel once I get them bolted on - I've had them for two weeks but haven't had time to wrench. When I took the intake resonator off, I definately felt a slight increase in throttle responce - with the sound being the positive for me.

FWIW - I only paid about $100 for both the TSX IM and the HPS SRI. Ebay and forum classifieds can really be your friend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's worth it if you want to do it and you like the results. There are going to be plenty of people on here who tell you it's not worth it. For me, I've got a TSX IM, TSX TB, a K&N SRI, and the TL RSB and it's worth it. It's never going to be more than a 4-cyl sedan, but there is a slight improvement in the butt dyno and the sound. For most who do it, that's worth it (and it was for me).

·
Premium Member
7,852 Posts
By the time you spend the time and money on these "add-on", you are only going to be marginally faster than stock, and still slower than the V6.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
By the time you spend the time and money on these "add-on", you are only going to be marginally faster than stock, and still slower than the V6.
True - if "faster than stock" is your goal, get a different car ... it's an Accord with a four banger, more Buick than Bimmer.

My goal was to improve my daily driving experience. Throttle response and an angry howl at WOT, with a better looking body are really what I paid for, and that's exactly what I wanted.

And for $500 total spent I've managed to get all the parts I'll need (except for springs, those will be this winter/rainy season) , I think that was well worth it.

·
KuminThrew
2 Posts
I have a 02 accord ex 3.0 automatic n I really wanna make it faster n was lookin to put a turbo or super charger and was wondering of I could put either on and still have it as my every day driver with no problems or ruining any thing and if I can then which would be better of the two and what kit should I get of any one could give me some helpful knowledgable advise ide really appreciate it

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,413 Posts
I have a 02 accord ex 3.0 automatic n I really wanna make it faster n was lookin to put a turbo or super charger and was wondering of I could put either on and still have it as my every day driver with no problems or ruining any thing and if I can then which would be better of the two and what kit should I get of any one could give me some helpful knowledgable advise ide really appreciate it
Advice: Stay in school.
+1

And you already started a thread asking this. There's no need to ask/post this question 5 times in different sections of the forum, especially in sections that have nothing to do with a 6th gen or your question. Were you expecting someone to instantly answer your question? Give it some time. Operators are not standing by.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,413 Posts
Wow no need to cry about it nor take it so serious this forum must be your life well thanks for that info my advice get some pussy or something clam your nerves a little well hey thanks a bunch Rick enjoy your day
:lmao: Crying? I was merely pointing out that there's no need to make duplicate posts all over the place, especially in the wrong sections, if you want to get the correct help. It's like asking a coolant or motor oil question in the Wheels and Tires section.

Then there's you coming into someone elses thread and hijacking it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:lmao: Crying? I was merely pointing out that there's no need to make duplicate posts all over the place, especially in the wrong sections, if you want to get the correct help. It's like asking a coolant or motor oil question in the Wheels and Tires section.

Then there's you coming into someone elses thread and hijacking it.
Operators are not standing by.
And many more posts like this...

Ahhh, it's good to have joined a forum with enforcing moderators who have a great sense of humor. Thanks for the occasional laughs!

Now for my .02.

I don't own a 4 cyl, but from everything I have read about performance mods for an i4, it doesn't look like its worth it.

Personally, if it were me, I would just stick with cosmetic mods. I don't speak for everyone, but I would rather someone think "Wow, that guys doesn't drive his car the way it should be driven" instead of attempting and embarrassing myself with poor performance.

·
06 Accord Coupe 5spd
14 Posts
The I4 is worth the mods if you want a quick 4cyl that IMO looks better than the civic. That being said, there's not many aftermarket performance parts, so if you're looking for a higher output, you best bet is to boost it. At the point, after a turbo or supercharger, internals, a tune, and any other mods you decide to do along with it, you could have a v6 accord along with your I4. Your best bet is the SRI, IM, exhaust, and a cleaning. If you want to open the motor, skunk2 makes great cams, you could have a shop bore the motor, but that's all up to if you find it to be worth the money. As long as you're happy though and your cars running well, it's all worth it. Then you'll be like this guy - :banana:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are performance mods worth it for the 4 cylinders? How much of a difference does it make 0-60 wise and acceleration wise?

Please list mods for 4 cylinder only.
Put pipe intake ignition coil space n big throttle body flash ecu yellow top battery cell a capacitor for battery that will do good u want more shot 100% methanol in the intake

·
Banned
13,097 Posts
Put pipe intake ignition coil space n big throttle body flash ecu yellow top battery cell a capacitor for battery that will do good u want more shot 100% methanol in the intake
Meth, or methanol?

Reactions: qman and TX Accord
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.