Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm waiting until it gets warmer out to start working on my 7th gen, but out of curiosity, what would be a good first modification in terms of performance? Whether it's an easy mod, a cheap and effective mod, or a mixture of both... Just let me know what you think :)

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Since it looks like you just bought it off of your sister (??) start with an oil change and transmission drain & fill x3 (there are how-to tutorials written for both of these). But before you go all out adding cold air intakes, performance chips, etc. you want to make sure that the actual bones of the car are in tip-top shape. If you keep up with the normal maintenance and always give her fresh oil, this generation Accord has been known to last well over 250-300K miles :)

Oh, yea, welcome to DA :wave:

·
Registered
385 Posts
woman drivers= no survivors. :lmao:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
you sir, are a * for thinking that was an serious post.:thumbsdow

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
you sir, are a * for thinking that was an serious post.:thumbsdow
...and who are you referring to? The above being said by the one who forgot the basic rules of English as a written language? A/AN Rule: Use "a" if before a consonant, and "an" if before a vowel. :thmsup:

Those who live in glass houses...shouldn't throw stones.

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Doesn't notice n an the space bar are right next to eachother?

·
Registered
385 Posts
lowandslow

·
Registered
426 Posts
So, what part of my comment makes me a dumba**? I think your huge tachometer that does nothing for your car shows who the true dumba** is.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
If I wrote like that, my English teacher would have beat me something fierce.

NOS bottle, large tach- it does not matter. Because my Accord has never seen a set of tail lights....

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
NOS bottle, large tach- it does not matter. Because my Accord has never seen a set of tail lights....
LMAO ... we all know you're hiding those "sneaky Pete" slim's under the passenger seat Rick - your secret's out champ !!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm waiting until it gets warmer out to start working on my 7th gen, but out of curiosity, what would be a good first modification in terms of performance? Whether it's an easy mod, a cheap and effective mod, or a mixture of both... Just let me know what you think :)
Adding a good intake is a great first step to free up a bit of power without breaking the bank or sacrificing the longevity of the car. As was mentioned by DreaminAccord, you should always make sure you're up to date with services with any used car you buy first though. Feel free to take a look at our site and let us know if you have any questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts