Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was down at DRT today for a little to talk about some mods. From what they told me they've installed multiple piggyback's into the i4 with no problems and quoted me $400 for splice and connect + tune and dyno time. they also brought to my attention that the Civic SI engine is exactly the same (although the model is k24z7) and the only difference is the casting due to the oil pan not fitting. according to them the parts between K24Z7 and K24Z3 are pretty much interchangeable without much modification. As well as bolting on a K20A head is possible with slight modification and the gain they saw was 40 HP. If the piggyback works without any problems (hopefully) i might do some R&D with them about a turbo kit with a battery relocation too free up space (hopefully Utah TSX from acurazine will share his R&D with me) and/or a high flow intake manifold.

Just my $0.02.

commence the criticism.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an awesome price for splice, connect + tune and dyno time .... definitely do it and post up the results!
I defiantly will. Gonna take Friday off and head over at 10am. Need to get my runners ported, get a custom exhaust, then get it tuned. I'll post up details. They said the last people got gains of ~15-25 hp for just the tune.
Im also considering getting a rbc manifold with the rbc k24z7 adaptor and modifying or getting new injectors (550cc) to push more air and fuel into my engine.

So far the quote is:

500 (guessing) for custom exhaust
400 for splice, tune, Dyno
150 to port and polish intake runner

·
2008 Accord Coupe EX
999 Posts
So i was down at DRT today for a little to talk about some mods. From what they told me they've installed multiple piggyback's into the i4 with no problems and quoted me $400 for splice and connect + tune and dyno time. they also brought to my attention that the Civic SI engine is exactly the same (although the model is k24z7) and the only difference is the casting due to the oil pan not fitting. according to them the parts between K24Z7 and K24Z3 are pretty much interchangeable without much modification. As well as bolting on a K20A head is possible with slight modification and the gain they saw was 40 HP. If the piggyback works without any problems (hopefully) i might do some R&D with them about a turbo kit with a battery relocation too free up space (hopefully Utah TSX from acurazine will share his R&D with me) and/or a high flow intake manifold.

Just my $0.02.

commence the criticism.
They are definanly right

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: currently buying parts for a k20a head swap, got a fully built head with everything attached, just gotta buy a drive by wire throttle body and some other parts and according to some people tuning it with a piggyback will be fine for a head swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts