Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2011 Honda Accord LX-S and am wondering about what kind of performance mods I can do to my car. Anybody know what my limits are? I have heard that I can't do anything, but have also heard I can get almost 600hp on it. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How deep is your pocket book? If its deep enough to achieve this, you bought the wrong car.
Unfortunately my pocket book is in the shallow end.

Any recommendations for intercoolers and/or turbos? I can buy the parts then get everything else, like piping, cheap

·
Don't drink and drive
4,571 Posts
They don't really make turbos for the Accords. Some guys did modify and made their own. If you're wanting to go that extreme, than yes, you bought the wrong car.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,899 Posts
If you wanted a turbo you'd have to find each piece individually and assemble your own. Gooood luck with that lol.

Seriously though, save that money you'd be dumping into your Accord for minimal HP gain, and buy a "fun" car that can be made to go vroom ;)

Reactions: Baldeagle

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
You could always find an Acura RDX , it has a Turbocharged engine. The K23A1 engine was in the 2007 - 2012. It generates 240hp. Take a look at this article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/22/la-2007-acuras-2-3l-turbocharged-i-4-engine-on-display/

I have a 2010 Acura RDX and that engine makes that vehicle get up and go. Of course that comes at a cost of fuel economy. The 2010and above had front wheel drive only and AWD models, from 2007 - 2009 there was only AWD. So find you and engine trans out of 2 wheel drive and figure out how to get it in your Accord. All factory turbo Accord.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I own a 2011 Honda Accord LX-S and am wondering about what kind of performance mods I can do to my car. Anybody know what my limits are? I have heard that I can't do anything, but have also heard I can get almost 600hp on it. Thanks for the help
Hi Sam. Welcome to the forum. Your LX-S is a great daily driver - good road manners, reliable, comfy, reasonably fuel efficient. But at 8.5-9.0 seconds to 60 mph it is far from fast. It’s just not that kind of car.

My concern would be that you’d drop $1,000 -$2,000 worth of mods into it and still be at 8.2 to 8.7 seconds to 60 mph. I imagine a turbo would drop the times significantly, but I think you’re looking at $4,000 plus labor for anything that works (forget any ebay crap). Depending on how many miles you have on your car that is probably 40-50% of the car’s value making it very hard to justify. For someone with “shallow pockets” I’d consider yourself smart for buying a great car and enjoy it for what it is. “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

Reactions: enne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't think I could do a lot with the car without dropping that much money, so I have been trying to sell it since May and invest in a gen coupe.

A mechanic gave me advice to add a turbo and intercooler to the accord and he would install it all for me... Hmm... He probably just wants the money

·
Industrial Designer
237 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,571 Posts
Not talking FI and big power adders, but Ktuner with full bolt ons, auto for auto the K24 makes almost the same WHP as a stock J30, which is heavier anyways. The LX-S is already the lightest 8G, do some mild weight reduction and you might surprise some other cars.

Reactions: ErOk1985
1 - 11 of 11 Posts