Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any body know how to permanently disable the vsa. I dont wanta hear about just pushing the button. Im done with it compleatly. Is it a fuse or something that i can do i have 08 accord exl coupe 6-6

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can you just take out the TPMS and VSA will be off?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tomcat, yes that will work. Shouldn't affect anything else such as breaks, ect... But you will constantly have a check tpms signal up on your dash.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Do any body know how to permanently disable the vsa. I dont wanta hear about just pushing the button. Im done with it compleatly. Is it a fuse or something that i can do i have 08 accord exl coupe 6-6
Just curious, what is wrong with VSA???

I have disabled VSA by manually pushing the button, and all I end up doing is spinning my front tire. Though I do live where it snows, and even in the summer I get wheel spin with VSA disabled.

So far I have yet to find a reason to disable VSA on my coupe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When i turn corners the light flashes and i all most got in to countless accidents because of the shit. I live in baltimore and all of the streets are shit my vsa is always going off plus i was stuck of a hill in the snow ****in with it

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
When i turn corners the light flashes and i all most got in to countless accidents because of the shit. I live in baltimore and all of the streets are shit my vsa is always going off plus i was stuck of a hill in the snow ****in with it
If you're almost getting into countless accidents then I suggest you go back to driving school. I've never turned VSA off in my car and in 5 years of ownership I've never come close to being in an accident. Stop blaming VSA for your poor driving.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Like Markus said, if you are almost getting into "countless" accidents, back to driving school for you... :paranoid:

Sounds to me like you are WAY to heavy on the gas pedal when cornering. Try and not ROMP on the gas pedal when turning and just let the car idle out and give LIGHT gas coming out of the turn... This will keep the VSA from engaging and cutting power so it feels like you are stalling out. It's not the car that needs to be adjusted, its your driving style. If you get stuck on a hill, shut the VSA and power your way out of it, very simple..

Far as I know, there is no way to disable the VSA. If you don't like it, maybe you should have an older car that doesn't have any type of traction assistance.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can drive very well and its not stalling and im nit heavy on the gas . If i start turning and theres a bump or dip or anything in the street the vsa will go off it could be just a slight change and it will act crazy its too sensitive.

When i had my rims on it was worse i had to ride with it off all the time

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
I can drive very well and its not stalling and im nit heavy on the gas . If i start turning and theres a bump or dip or anything in the street the vsa will go off it could be just a slight change and it will act crazy its too sensitive.

When i had my rims on it was worse i had to ride with it off all the time
Either you have lousy tires or, contrary to your claims, you are heavy on the gas. VSA is not at fault here. Either get better tires or stop being heavy on the gas. If I had to bet I'd guess you're heavier on the gas than you think you are.

Even with lousy tires there's no reason for the wheels to spin if you know how to go easy on the gas. And if VSA kicks in and stops your wheels spinning around corners now, I can't see how disabling VSA will actually help. Your wheels will still spin and you'll have minimal control of steering.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Wow, I would say VSA off would be more to being a issue with how the car handles.

I personally been able to drive in control while in snow and icy conditions.

One nobody I know will accelerate in turn. That is down right wrong especially in weather conditions.

When I was changing from outside lane to inside lane, while going over a snow plow berm. It was a casual methodical lane change that in a way surprised me, yet I did take caution making sure nobody was too close.

The over-sized wheels and tires on my coupe allowed for loosing traction. The VSA kicked in allowing me to steady the car with part throttle. It actually controlled the wheel spin better than hammering or letting off the throttle.

I noticed a little fish tail wiggle through the seat of my pants but never got out side my lane nor lost the rear when it had to cross the berm and follow.

I could not have been so smooth without VSA, not that it is better. It is just there was more slush than expected, and I would not react as fast as VSA.

I am sorry, but I agree with Markus you need to learn to drive... going fast around turns does not mean you must drift. Drifting is a Japanese art form on the pavement and mostly was to boost sells with tires and rear wheel drive imports. Outlaws do it in the dirt, as most of the time they are in a turn, and cannot be helped. Road racers never smoke their tires in a turn, unless they trying to control a spin out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts