Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did you try the 72 mph cutover on cruise?

Just curious - nice numbers - about 2x what I see on my 2.0t Touring, but one doesn't buy the 2.0t to save gas ;)
I have not tried that yet. I just parked the Accord. And it will be parked for atleast 7 days. So, I still have time to try that.

It would be ideal to do on a road trip. Since I am in town now, I don't stay on the freeway for more than 10 miles. Which is not long enough to see what doing 72mph for a while will achieve.

I have seen some other people with the 2.0t Touring posting they get hybrid-kind of miles. They post they get over 40mpg on the freeway. Which is pretty amazing. So, I am sure you can also.

Talking about buying a car where one is not buying to save gas? Then please, allow me to introduce the real gas guzzler in my stable: 2012 Infiniti QX80. This thing is the real definition of drinking gas.

I have not driven my 2012 Infiniti QX80 for over 2 months. So, I parked the Accord so I can show my suv some love. Took it to work today. It is showing 15.2 miles to the gallon, since I am driving as if I am in the Accord, but by the time this tank of gas is finished, it will be showing 11 or 12. Horrible gas mileage. Even with its 26 gallon tank, it cannot even give me 300 miles to that tank. So, I am really loving the Accord with its small 12.8 gallon tank that gives me over 600 miles.
But I sure miss all my gadgets in my QX, since it has it all. This was a fully loaded one. I bought it used 5 years ago.

Miss my lights too, to light up the night when on the freeway and I am the lead vehicle with all others behind. Each time someone cuts infront of me and I flash all my offroad lights twice on the freeway, it often creates a ripple effect and the car ahead of me and the one ahead of it will move from that lane and I just go through. It is interesting to me when that happens.

And I just went through my pictures on my phone and wanted to share some pics of my QX that I always enjoy looking at.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I ordered a "carbon fiber" bra from car bra. I paid $69 shipped. They told me they were backed up with orders. So, it took a month before they manufactured it and shipped from Oklahoma to Texas. It was shipped 2 days delivery and I got it today.

Its dark outside and my Accord is dirty, but I still decided to install and see how it looks. Fitment is 8/10. I had this on my Maxima during bug season and it helped a lot. After I wash my Accord or on road trips, I have to use this as it is functional keeping bugs off my mirror covers, especially on road trips. I may take better pictures whenever I wash this car and install the bra on both mirrors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Finally got my Garmin Drivesmart 65 with Amazon Alexa. This replaces the 55 model that I bought over a month ago. I wanted a larger screen. So, I sold the 5 inch and got this 7 inch screen of the same GPS.

It was delivered today by FedEx. It is a refurbished unit directly from Garmin. So, it comes with a one year warranty. Not that I have ever needed any warranty on my garmins. My last garmin that I bought over 8 years ago with lifetime maps, still works like a champ even though it is beaten up and shows age. It is full time in my suv. This new one will be part of this Honda Accord, hopefully, for the vehicle's lifetime with me.

I installed a glass screen protector, updated the maps, and installed in my car. Then went to a nearby park to a parking spot to pair this GPS with my front facing camera and align the lines.

I am all set now with the new Garmin DriveSmart 65.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
This is how it looks on my way to work this morning.

This is how I use my front facing camera when parking at work. Parking next to a guy who drives a 10th gen Sports.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Decided to give my car a very good and very thorough wash today.

Then installed my colgan mirror bra. I like it and will keep them on. I can take them off any time. I just hope nobody steals them off my car since they are very easy to take off. I had these on my Maxima for like 2 years. Taking it off every now and then to wash and dry or just to have them off. It was never stolen. It usually stayed on the car for most part of the year. I hope the same with my Accord and nobody steals them.

When I was washing my car, I decided to check my oil. My car now has 4,400 miles and MM says oil life is at 70%. So, I wanted to see how much oil I have since my car may last more than 10,000 miles based on MM before oil change is due. Well, look at my dipstick. Halfway between the 2 dots. I know this may still be an ok level, but I was not satisfied. I feel it is a bit low for me to keep on driving from 4,400 miles to over 10,000 miles before MM may tell me it is time for an oil change. So, I went to Walmart and bought a mobil 1 0w20 and poured in half a quart. Dip stick now shows it is full at the second dot. I am ok with this. I wonder if others with brand new Accords all have their oil about midpoint between those 2 dots from factory or was mine low or has my Accord used up some oil?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So, I decided to order a 22 inch laser light bar from China. I ordered it with a cigarette plug, so I can plug it in any car, suv or 4x4 and use it. I also ordered from Amazon a magnetic base for the light.

Believe it or not, this light bar is for my Honda Accord. Or any car I wish to use it on. If I take a road trip that I will be driving at night, I plan to install this on the roof of my Accord or the hood. I still have to play with fitment and see what I like and what gives me the best output.

When I have time to install it with the magnets and take some shots, I will post more pictures.

And these are the magnetic mounts with a rubberized base. Very strong. Looking forward to installing it all and driving around with it. I like the switch on the cigarette plug. So, you turn the light on only when you want to. Good for offroadoing and road trips where I will be driving at night.

The laser goes so far, it seems it will touch the sky.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I decided to order a 22 inch laser light bar from China. I ordered it with a cigarette plug, so I can plug it in any car, suv or 4x4 and use it. I also ordered from Amazon a magnetic base for the light.

Believe it or not, this light bar is for my Honda Accord. Or any car I wish to use it on. If I take a road trip that I will be driving at night, I plan to install this on the roof of my Accord or the hood. I still have to play with fitment and see what I like and what gives me the best output.
Please tell me you only use that off road?

Aren't those super tight 1 or 2 degree beam widths? Where would you even find a use for a light like that on a passenger sedan?

It seems like it would instantly blind oncoming traffic if they get caught in the beam, no matter how quickly you turn it off.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Installed my magnetic base to my laser light and took it to the park to see its performance. Pretty bright. I need to aim it a bit upward and try this again in a very dark area. Complete darkness!

The magnet is strong, but I hope it will be strong enough at 70mph, if I use it on a road trip and use it at night when I am all alone on some very dark and lonely long stretches of the highway.

I have this just because I wanted to, not that I need a light bar for my Accord. This can be used on any car. So, I can sell it if I feel I do not need it, but I rather keep it for now. I just wanted to have one. I may use it if I go offroading with my suv, though my suv already has extremely bright led lights that are way brighter than this one.

So, this is just for fun so far. Not that I need a light bar for my Accord. I took my pictures, took the light bar off and it is back in its box and just sitting in the corner in the garage until I feel I need to use it again for anything.

Here below is a video of the 24 inch light bar that I just bought.

This is not my video, but it is a video of the exact same light bar on a offroad rig in Australia. This company (KINGs) in Australia, orders their light bars from China. I ordered mine directly from China from the same company that they buy in bulk from.

This is a video they made of the performance of the light bar. Nice short video, if one is bored and wants to pass time to watch it, feel free.

And here is my own video that I made of my suv when showing my upgraded led light from the STEDI led lights to the very powerful and blinding Laser 8.5 led lights that I currently have on my suv. I used my drone to shoot this video and will find time to take some drone shots of the 24 inch light bar on this Accord to see how it compares in distance to the ones currently now on my suv.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
I just got through another good hyper hybriding tank of gas.

I did a total of 672.5 miles on this tank of gas with a combined MPG of 58.3 mpg.

On this tank of gas my top speed was 65mph. This was a mix of 60% city driving and 40% highway driving. I drove all in econ mode. I used ac/heat for less than 50 miles during this tank of gas. Roads here are mostly flat, so no hills in my area. Usually light on gas when accelerating and I used the paddle shifters as often as I could which ended up being a lot of times.

672.5 miles driven with 58.3mpg

Then I filled up with 11.944 gallons.

Some foot notes worth mentioning:

LOW FUEL light came on at 614. DTE was showing 33 miles to empty.

DTE turned to ZERO at 657. That means from when my LOW FUEL light came on, I drove for 43 miles before my DTE turned to ZERO.

With DTE showing ZERO, I still drove for an additional 15 miles before stopping at the gas pump to refuel.

So, from the time my LOW FUEL light came on, I drove for a total of 58 miles before stopping for gas. This was all in city driving and not highway driving.

This is worth remembering for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Took a 6 hours road trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and Valentine Day's weekend. The 6 hours drive was very spirited and the Accord Hybrid did not disappoint. It is a performance car in disguise.

Just as I was about to get to Baton Rouge, there was a lot of traffic. Took me about 15 minutes of driving 1 to 5 mph until I got to the accident and saw a car flipped over. No fatalities. So, that was good.

After that was a straight shot to New Orleans. Went for some beignets, dinner and drove around to see houses decorated for Mardi Gras.

After that was time to call it a night.
Next morning, which was today, it was time to go visit Whitney Plantation for my first time. To get some history about slavery and how the plantations were back in the days. It did not disappoint. Very touching stories.

Looking through to share some of my pictures of the Plantation that I liked.

And this completed my tour of the Plantation. Very touching stories. Well, it was time to head to the French Quarter for some crawfish and then more beignets.

Walking by Cafe Du Monde, km a few street performances on the street and quite some people going around.

Then walking up and down Bourbon street.

Then it was time to drive around again to look at some more decorated houses before calling it a day.

That was it for the day. Drove around and saw quite a few houses. Then it was time to retire to the hotel for the night. Tomorrow is my 6 hours drive back to Houston. It will be another spirited drive back home. Looking forward to more performance from my Hybrid tomorrow. The Hybrid has been quite impressive on my road trips. Well, I don't particularly baby it, so I demand performance from it and it returns the favor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Finally made it home safe and sound. Half of the return trip was in really bad weather, but slow and steady trumped it.

Just about 3 miles from home, stopped to top off my fuel and get my numbers for this trip. Going was very spirited. Returning was mostly in bad weather, so it was slow and steady.

Total round trip was 863 miles. And mpg shows 29.2mpg. Not bad for it being mostly spirited. I am looking forward to another road trip someday again with the Accord.

I am looking forward to a possible road trip with my Accord in April 2021 or May 2021, if some plans I have work out. It will be from Houston, TX to Norfork, Virginia and back.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts