Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I like the trunk mat. I'd be interested in getting one but it sounds like a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for the thread, enjoying it.
Thanks for stopping by and reading the thread. That encourages me to take pictures and share when I know it is helping some people or some are enjoying passing their free time reading my thread.

I really like keeping details of maintenance on my cars, same as I do for all my important documents in life. I hope everybody has a very good filing system at home for all their important documents; birth certificate, marriage license, kids birth certificates, passports, BSc/Masters degrees, certifications, transcripts, other important legal papers and even cash at home. All these are very important to me and I have them very well filed and arranged like an office in a file cabinet. Anybody should try and have all their important papers very well arranged and filed at home. You can even keep this is a waterproof and or fire proof safe. It comes in very handy. You know where to easily find anything that is important to you in life. Trust me, it works. If someone feels they cannot find some important paperwork some times, try having a dedicated file or suitcase or safe for all of these. You will be amazed at how it helps makes things easier for you.

Well, about the mat. Hey, are you in Texas? I ask because whenever I get my new mats, which will be some time next year, I am leaning towards giving away the one I currently have for FREE. Or maybe give it away for a full tank of gas on my Hybrid. There is no way I can own 2 mats for my trunk. So, I will be giving away one for FREE or for a tank of gas. The person just has to be close to me in Houston.

Well, whenever you want to buy from China, make sure to communicate well with these people or communication problem might make the order be messed up. Also, always find out about how they ship. Most of my things I buy are usually 3 to 7 business days for me to get it. Most of my things usually come by FedEx, DHL or UPS.

Well, believe it or not but this coming Monday, I am paying for another thing I want for my Honda Accord. It is a unique mod that I like that I can install and take it off any time. Plus, it is something I need for very occasional use on the Accord rather than a mod to have on the car all the time. Plus, it is something I can use on the Accord and use on my QX80. I will share pictures for sure if I do pay for it and when I get and install it. So, it will be a while from today. I plan to pay on Monday and seller says he will ship by UPS and I should get it 3 to 7 business days after he ships.

So, stay tuned.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Another tank of gas where I wanted to see the most I could get out of a tank of gas. Ended with the following data.
54.8mpg and getting a total of 637.8 miles out of the tank of gas.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Did you try the 72 mph cutover on cruise?

Just curious - nice numbers - about 2x what I see on my 2.0t Touring, but one doesn't buy the 2.0t to save gas ;)
I have not tried that yet. I just parked the Accord. And it will be parked for atleast 7 days. So, I still have time to try that.

It would be ideal to do on a road trip. Since I am in town now, I don't stay on the freeway for more than 10 miles. Which is not long enough to see what doing 72mph for a while will achieve.

I have seen some other people with the 2.0t Touring posting they get hybrid-kind of miles. They post they get over 40mpg on the freeway. Which is pretty amazing. So, I am sure you can also.

Talking about buying a car where one is not buying to save gas? Then please, allow me to introduce the real gas guzzler in my stable: 2012 Infiniti QX80. This thing is the real definition of drinking gas.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I have not driven my 2012 Infiniti QX80 for over 2 months. So, I parked the Accord so I can show my suv some love. Took it to work today. It is showing 15.2 miles to the gallon, since I am driving as if I am in the Accord, but by the time this tank of gas is finished, it will be showing 11 or 12. Horrible gas mileage. Even with its 26 gallon tank, it cannot even give me 300 miles to that tank. So, I am really loving the Accord with its small 12.8 gallon tank that gives me over 600 miles.
But I sure miss all my gadgets in my QX, since it has it all. This was a fully loaded one. I bought it used 5 years ago.

Miss my lights too, to light up the night when on the freeway and I am the lead vehicle with all others behind. Each time someone cuts infront of me and I flash all my offroad lights twice on the freeway, it often creates a ripple effect and the car ahead of me and the one ahead of it will move from that lane and I just go through. It is interesting to me when that happens.

And I just went through my pictures on my phone and wanted to share some pics of my QX that I always enjoy looking at.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
I ordered a "carbon fiber" bra from car bra. I paid $69 shipped. They told me they were backed up with orders. So, it took a month before they manufactured it and shipped from Oklahoma to Texas. It was shipped 2 days delivery and I got it today.

Its dark outside and my Accord is dirty, but I still decided to install and see how it looks. Fitment is 8/10. I had this on my Maxima during bug season and it helped a lot. After I wash my Accord or on road trips, I have to use this as it is functional keeping bugs off my mirror covers, especially on road trips. I may take better pictures whenever I wash this car and install the bra on both mirrors.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Finally got my Garmin Drivesmart 65 with Amazon Alexa. This replaces the 55 model that I bought over a month ago. I wanted a larger screen. So, I sold the 5 inch and got this 7 inch screen of the same GPS.

It was delivered today by FedEx. It is a refurbished unit directly from Garmin. So, it comes with a one year warranty. Not that I have ever needed any warranty on my garmins. My last garmin that I bought over 8 years ago with lifetime maps, still works like a champ even though it is beaten up and shows age. It is full time in my suv. This new one will be part of this Honda Accord, hopefully, for the vehicle's lifetime with me.

I installed a glass screen protector, updated the maps, and installed in my car. Then went to a nearby park to a parking spot to pair this GPS with my front facing camera and align the lines.

I am all set now with the new Garmin DriveSmart 65.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
This is how it looks on my way to work this morning.

This is how I use my front facing camera when parking at work. Parking next to a guy who drives a 10th gen Sports.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts