Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I finally went to the drag strip tonight!
2020 Accord 2.0T 10 speed

Mods:
PRL Intake Pipe with k&n filter
Hasport engine mounts
Phearable stage 3 tune
Toyo T1R 255/35/19 tires
Running just shy of a full tank of 93 octane mixed with a gallon of E85.
Traction control was off but not fully disabled (no pedal dance) and in sport mode.

I got a terrible 60 foot I was expecting better especially with the mounts and upgraded tires I have. The car I raced was a 2005-10 Mustang GT with a tune and intake. The fact that I got a higher mph and ET makes me feel good. The guy came up after gave me a thumbs up and said man that’s quick !

My cars on the left.

Receipt Font Paper Label Thumb

The density altitude was also relatively high even though temperature was mild due to the humidity today.

Edit: didn’t get any videos because I went to the track solo (sad I know) The girlfriend was out sick and I had the itch to go today - I literally couldn’t wait till Friday.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Man, kind of a bummer I think, for Phearable S3, I would have expected much/significantly better performance than stock?
Yeah that’s true. But keep in mind my 60 foot time is 2.37 if I drop it to 2.1 that’s 0.4 seconds faster in the 1/4 or 13.4 which is significantly faster than stock. A lot of stock cars are running 14s. The only stock 13s I see are in cold temperatures or negative density altitude.

I also didn’t let my car cool off completely after driving 70 minutes on the highway. It may of pulled some timing due to heat soak? I’m not sure. I’ll be going back to the track next month with some more mods … maybe. 😈

People don’t realize how hard it is to break 13s until they actually race at the track. The first time I went to the track was in 2016 with my Trailblazer SS which had an intake, tune, headers, exhaust and efans (mechanical fan delete). In my head I was like this thing is going to run a 13.5. My first two passes felt great and when I looked at the time slip I saw 14.0 on both passes at 100 mph. My 3rd pass I clicked off a 13.8.

I went back to the track in 2018 with a now Procharged Trailblazer SS and I was thinking I’m going to run a low 12 second pass. Well lo and behold I ran a 13.1. When I got the launch down I did manage a 12.8. Racing takes practice. There’s so many factors: temperature, head winds, traction, power, weight, launching the car etc.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to the track again tonight no real changes to the car from before except the first run I let the car cool down over an hour before taking it down the strip. I also let the air pressure down to 24 psi. I might of gotten some water on the tires because my 60 foot was the worst I ever had. My mph surprised me I got 104.99! The second run was less than half an hour to cool off because I was waiting in the staging lanes and it showed. I nailed a 2.1 60 foot yet my ET was identical and my mph was less 103 vs almost 105. So for next time I’m going to shoot for 21 psi in the tires have traction control fully disabled like I did on both of these runs and try for better times!

Receipt Font Material property Number Temperature

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
13.7 1/4 mile sounds great! How fast do you reckon a stock 20 2.0t is gonna do @1/4 mile?

How much do they typically charge you? Do you wait a long time? Have never been to any of these races in person. But might check it out if my plans to go overseas don't turn out next year (or I can do it when I come back lol).

Great job man! Keep it up! But stay safe!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
13.7 1/4 mile sounds great! How fast do you reckon a stock 20 2.0t is gonna do @1/4 mile?

How much do they typically charge you? Do you wait a long time? Have never been to any of these races in person. But might check it out if my plans to go overseas don't turn out next year (or I can do it when I come back lol).

Great job man! Keep it up! But stay safe!!
It depends on where you’re at mile high Denver where the oxygen is low I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 15 second run. Lower elevation low 14s stock. It’s around $50-$70 to run as much as you want depends on the track. Don’t have to wait long to run but I recommend letting your car cool off with the hood up between runs for a solid 30 minutes depending on how it is outside could be less or more. You should try it! Let us know what you run if you go!

Reactions: Honda2014
1 - 6 of 6 Posts