Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my grill completely white and now I wish I had left the grid pieces between the two grills and the vertical pieces between the lower bar and the bottom of the grill black.

I also think I would like it better if the pocket where the "H" is was black as well. I have two options on the pocket, photo 2, either leave everything white except the grid at the back of the pocket or to paint the entire pocket black.

I am thinking of painting it all flat black except the pocket behind the "H" and making that gloss black. Can any one with photo shop skills do it both ways to help me decide.

Also comment are welcome. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The way it is painted right now makes it look like a toy car. :)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
looks like your car was in a accident, and the paint shop was to lazy to cover up the grill and painted inside it.

just my .2

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to add some black to break up the look. This is why I was trying to get someone to photo shop it before I did it so that I would not make this mistake. I am hoping that someone will photo shop the black for me before I make another mistake.

The paint shop was not lazy, they removed the grill from the car and masked off what I told them to do.

When I was a little kid we had toy cars and when we got tired of the factory paint we would repaint them with this sort of all one color paint job. Totally ruined the collectors value, but they rarely survived what we put them through any way.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts

This is pretty bad but it gives you some idea of what it would look like

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
morgand, thank you so very much for your help. It just so happens that I put the car in the paint shop this morning to have part of the grill painted black and to have the splash guards redone since I did not like the way they came out the first time.

I am having the grid in the top part painted flat black to make it as invisible as possible and the I am having the area around the "H" painted in gloss black to blend with the sheen of the grill. The four vertical pieces in the lower section I am leaving white as
I could not make it look right since they flared at the point of attachment.

Thank you so much for your help. My wife was sort of iffish on this until I showed her your work and she said she liked the way it looks.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Pics when its done!

Jay

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do. It is supposed to be ready this evening or tomorrow. I may wait until I get the wood dash kit installed and do all of the pictures at the same time.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have another do I want to do it issue. I was looking at the rear bumper reflector trim panel and got to thinking it might look better if I painted it to match the car. Morgand, you were so kind as to do the grill would it be possible for you to do the rear reflector trim panel and the fog light surround too? I just do not like all of the flat black they use on cars today. I may do the fog light surround as well.

Thank you in advance.

I'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As promised here are a couple of more pictures. I would also like to see what it would look like with the lower portion of the grill painted white. I am going to leave the large honeycomb section of the grill black and leave the chrome strip at the bottom chrome. I am going to put the car in the paint shop Thursday.

Thanks again for any help that is forthcoming.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
All this reminds me of me when I was 16....just sayin'. :cig:
I did the same mod to my 4th gen Maxima when I was 16, but even then I was smart enough to mask off the insides.

Different people with different skill levels I guess....just sayin'

·
Registered
901 Posts
Okie, it may be time for you to discover and play with Plastidip...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okie, it may be time for you to discover and play with Plastidip...
I just do not like the look of it. If I don't like the results I can always strip off the paint, but I feel certain it can't look any worse to me than the flat black color it is now.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the car out of the paint shop this morning. You will have to excuse the dirty car, but we just had a snow Sunday and we have another one coming in tonight. the roads are still sloppy so washing would not help at this point.

I know most of you on here like the all black look, but I am posting these pictures for the older members on here that might have the same taste as I do. If you like it that is wonderful, if you don't that is wonderful too.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts