Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is.. I have a tradition of lining up my old car next to my new car for one last shot before I sell or trade it in.

My previous car was a used 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 5MT that I picked up with 54,000kms used just over 3 years ago... however it burned oil and had a ton of other issues from the previous owner... so I went with a new 9th gen.

2015 Honda Accord Touring I4 Navi CVT

I have total 100kms on her so far. Only drove it this morning to work and to the PPF shop in Mississauga, Ontario to have my XPEL Ultimate applied to the hood, mirrors, fenders and 3M headlight film to the fogs.

Now I just have to finishing skimming the monstrous owners manual they gave me for the car, navi, and tech features.

Glad the process is over as it's been 7 months in the making!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I noticed this morning was no tint strip on the top of the windshield... I guess this is because of the FCW camera. Just feels so bare up there now.

How do you guys stand working this Navi.. its pretty frustrating.. lol.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! Quick question ... Is the I4 Touring only available in Canada? I thought the V6 was the only way to get a Touring.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your new ride! Quick question ... Is the I4 Touring only available in Canada? I thought the V6 was the only way to get a Touring.
Thanks! Ya it's kinda special to own a Touring I4 since they are only made for the Canadian market. They also come in 6MT which is a special treat. :wink

We also have a V6 Touring that looks identical to my car but has the dual exhaust obviously and homelink (lol) no adaptive cruise control.

My car comes with the LED headlamps, DRL LEDs, Harddrive in the audio system, 18" Alloys, and Navi over the EX-L package.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Looking good!

Yea the Navi system takes some time getting use to. But a few days with it and it is really quite useful.

I just programmed it for short trips around town to get use to it. So I would suggest doing that for the first week or two.

Also do the Audio Upgrade... it makes a big difference!

Have fun!

Reactions: 08EX-L

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks! Ya it's kinda special to own a Touring I4 since they are only made for the Canadian market. They also come in 6MT which is a special treat. :wink

We also have a V6 Touring that looks identical to my car but has the dual exhaust obviously and homelink (lol) no adaptive cruise control.

My car comes with the LED headlamps, DRL LEDs, Harddrive in the audio system, 18" Alloys, and Navi over the EX-L package.
Interesting! Sounds like the Canadians get more trim choices.
BTW, You'll have to change your username since you no longer have a 08EX-L :laugh

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the purchase! Looking good!

Yea the Navi system takes some time getting use to. But a few days with it and it is really quite useful.

I just programmed it for short trips around town to get use to it. So I would suggest doing that for the first week or two.

Also do the Audio Upgrade... it makes a big difference!

Have fun!
@ual2842

Did the audio fix persist on your car???

I saw your new Touring bro and it helped me take the plunge lol.

This car has everything my old TSX had minus the sportshift option... its kinda nice to be back in a white car with LEDs.

I hooked up hondalink and tried the aha radio... nothing too spectacular. I finally have a car with factory bluetooth lol.

I even installed "homelink" but using 3M double sided tape on my garage opener remote and sticking it underneath the centre console out of sight.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting! Sounds like the Canadians get more trim choices.
BTW, You'll have to change your username since you no longer have a 08EX-L :laugh

I know wish I could lol, don't want to create a new one.

Yes, we pay much more so I guess Honda throws us a bone with more content. Sport with sunroof, heated seats, heated mirrors / turn signals.

We also get rear heated seats.. lol.. won't be using those for a while as both kids are in car seats.

No EX model... LX Sport EX-L Touring for the I4, and EX-L Touring for V6 (minus the LEDs on the EX-L)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
@ual2842

Did the audio fix persist on your car???

I saw your new Touring bro and it helped me take the plunge lol.

This car has everything my old TSX had minus the sportshift option... its kinda nice to be back in a white car with LEDs.

I hooked up hondalink and tried the aha radio... nothing too spectacular. I finally have a car with factory bluetooth lol.

I even installed "homelink" but using 3M double sided tape on my garage opener remote and sticking it underneath the centre console out of sight.
If you mean stay even after you turn the car off... seems to be. Even though it says "off" in the settings. The sound quality is much better.

Haha thanks. Yea they are really quite the car and the i4 Touring is something I wish our Neighbors south of the border could get. I think that the take rate would of been quite high for that model even without a manual option. Higher with one maybe?

Nice "homelink" I am thinking of getting one of my family members to bring up a home-link accessory for the car. Out of the US.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Congrats, glad it all worked out for you. A unique model offering for Canada. If they would just give you dual exhaust, it would look like a sport with the touring headlights can't get any better looking than that especially in ***!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats, glad it all worked out for you. A unique model offering for Canada. If they would just give you dual exhaust, it would look like a sport with the touring headlights can't get any better looking than that especially in ***!
I know! I priced out doing the swap to dual, its workable but I don't want to touch it until maybe 3 years or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice. I hear you on the owner's manual. I just bought an LX and Im kind of blown away at all the tech thats in it. Im kind of glad I didnt buy a Touring. LOL

·
Registered
650 Posts
OP, congrats on the new ride!! Beautiful in white.... You have the beautiful 18" silver wheels in Canada, different than the Sport wheels here in the states. Those wheels were on the first 9thGen I saw in pictures. I was so set on getting a Touring, as long as I got those wheels...but, not here..Anyway, they look great on a white car..enjoy...

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great looking ride!
Curious why you went with the different (3M) film for the lights? Why not go with the XPel?
Good question I asked if they had some scrap xpel after the install to go on the fogs and the installer was like you don't just put anything on light housings... we use a specific headlamp/foglamp flim from 3M... it can handle the excess heat... so he threw those on for me included in the XPEL install.

I know XPEL has their own film for that purpose... but I guess he only used what he was comfortable with.

All of his products were 3M from tint to PPF... but his shop was one of only 2 shops in Toronto certified by XPEL for installations... so I went with him.. ironically he gave me the best price too.

The fogs look good don't even see the film, its just on the face not wrapped to the housing.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP, congrats on the new ride!! Beautiful in white.... You have the beautiful 18" silver wheels in Canada, different than the Sport wheels here in the states. Those wheels were on the first 9thGen I saw in pictures. I was so set on getting a Touring, as long as I got those wheels...but, not here..Anyway, they look great on a white car..enjoy...
Thanks! At first I wasn't sure if I liked the two-toned Sport wheels...but now that I see them more often I kinda wish I had Sport wheels on my car.

I actually had Touring wheels on my 8th gen for a year... I took those off when I traded it in... now I have to find a buyer for them lol. I don't need two sets of identical wheels.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
haha that's awesome got a bigger picture of the 8th gen with them on? I am thinking if you post in the 8th gen thread with a picture someone might scoop em up.

I got 17" LX Rims for my winter rims. Better tread and more sidewall = better winter grippy. With Michelin X-Ice Xi3's. I will have a Canadian Look Touring in the summer and a US looking Touring in the winter (minus the dual exhaust) Although I might switch the Sport exhaust with my mom's (my old sport) just to see how that looks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
nice car man, did you happen to buy it from midtown honda by any chance?

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice car man, did you happen to buy it from midtown honda by any chance?
No Family Honda (you can see a pic of the dealer in my first post).

I emailed every dealer in GTA and only 4 were aggressive enough with pricing, I then narrowed it down..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts