Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to downsize my expenses during this time so I’ll be trading in my paid off car and picking up a lease on this car. Nothing due at signing and $359/month for 15k miles including tax. Does that deal look good?

also how are these cars? I haven’t had a Honda in years so there will be a small adaptation period. Anything to be careful with? Thanks

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,305 Posts
I’m looking to downsize my expenses during this time so I’ll be trading in my paid off car and picking up a lease on this car. Nothing due at signing and $359/month for 15k miles including tax. Does that deal look good?
When did "downsize my expenses" come to mean trade in a paid off car and make monthly payments of $359 on a new one? Are you spending more than $359/mo to run/maintain your current car (2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Tech and 6spd trans?)?

Don't forget that insurance will be more for the new car too.

And moved. 2020 Accord is not an 8th Gen.

·
Registered
770 Posts
How does one downsize expenses by trading in a paid off car? I'm pretty interested in this logic.

I would wait longer. The impending recession is going to bring really good deals. Ford and are already offering 0% financing for 7 years...

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
Keep the paid off car. Your 2012 Acura TL will last for many more years/decades, and it looks so much better than a 10G Accord. Also never trade in a vehicle; you’ll get peanuts. Further never lease; you don’t win. The uncertainty in the economy right now would also lend to not making major purchases.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,305 Posts
Keep the paid off car. Your 2012 Acura TL will last for many more years/decades and it looks so much better than a 10G Accord.
What are you smoking?

The design of the 4G TL, particularly the beak grille, has been lambasted by practically every automotive press. Its poor sales numbers reflect how poorly it was received. Dealers were even painting and wrapping the grille to make it look better to drive sales.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
🤷🏼‍♂️ Still looks better than a 10G Accord. I do prefer the 3G TL however (especially the Type S).

·
Banned
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
27 Posts
I’m looking to downsize my expenses during this time so I’ll be trading in my paid off car and picking up a lease on this car.
I would suggest taking two of those lease payments and using them to pay for a financial literacy class at your local community college.

Unless there's something really unique about your finances, there is no way you will come out ahead on this deal.

Your 2012 Acura TL looks so much better than a 10G Accord.

I haven’t had a Honda in years
You do realize that Honda Motor Company makes Acura automobiles and that there is a significant level of technical commonality between both, right?

Not sure what kind of "adaptation" you would have to do....just get in, start it, and drive.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
Just about the only new vehicle that looks worse than a 10G Accord is the 2020 Sonata. 🤮

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
It's really rich when someone who puts a leather bra on their car talks about aesthetics.
It’s vinyl, it looks nice (far superior to a 10G Accord BTW 😘), and it sets off an otherwise dime-a-dozen car. Further it is only installed on the car for specific circumstances.

·
Registered
999 Posts
In my time on this forum, I've identified two types of people:

1. Those that never bought a Honda before the 10th gen; and
2. Those that think Hondas are beautiful except the 10th gen.

Hondas were invisible appliances before the 10th gen, to me. But there's no accounting for taste.

I think Honda is going to regress this car to the mean on the design refresh, so this will likely be the first and last Honda I buy. But I can understand why Honda would water down the design to please 9th gen and earlier fans.

It’s vinyl, it looks nice (far superior to a 10G Accord BTW 😘), and it sets off an otherwise dime-a-dozen car. Further it is only installed on the car for specific circumstances.
Let's be fair -- it sets off the car in 1984.

·
HK Moderator
13,893 Posts
You gents make me laugh. If Matrix were here, he'd laugh too.

Everyone knows the 7th Gen was the most beautiful Accord ever made. This is not opinion, but fact. Hard truth. You must deal with this.

Anyway, I'm just here to find out how downsizing expenses means turning in a paid off car for a $350 a month payment. Much to learn, I have.

·
Banned
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
27 Posts
In my time on this forum, I've identified two types of people:

1. Those that never bought a Honda before the 10th gen; and
2. Those that think Hondas are beautiful except the 10th gen.
Well, I jumped from the 2nd generation to the 10th.

Hondas were invisible appliances before the 10th gen
Agree, everything between the early 2nd (pre 83 facelift) and the 10th is pretty forgettable

I think Honda is going to regress this car to the mean on the design refresh, so this will likely be the first and last Honda I buy.
I remain optimistic

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
Agree, everything between the early 2nd (pre 83 facelift) and the 10th is pretty forgettable
Wrong again. The 2G was about the most bland Accord. The 3G was groundbreaking in design with it’s hidden headlights otherwise reserved for sports cars, and the first use of double wishbones front and rear. The late 5G is one of my favorites, the 6G is timeless and classy, and the 9G is, well, the best designed.

In any case, a monthly payment on a car does not save money over one without payments, and the 10G is still a Honda, so it has that going for it, just more inline with a Del-Sol or Element. 😃

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well, I jumped from the 2nd generation to the 10th.
That is impressive. The next time someone tells me they intend to drive a car until the wheels fall off, I'm using your example as the standard.

The leap forward in tech must've really been something when driving those cars back to back.

·
Registered
770 Posts
What happened to the OP? Did they fall asleep in their financial management class and get locked in the classroom now that all schools are closed?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts