Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get either a 3-arm or a 1-arm camber kit for my 2008 4 cyl sedan. i live in the los angeles area and im just wondering if anyone has purchased their camber kits from around the LA area...

i know throwdown sells these and they've given me GREAT customer service so far but the S&H is killin me..

im looking for something like this:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the SPC 3-arm kit, mmm Shipped is free from throwdown isn't it?
but i dont really plan on lowering it THAT much...

i was thinking i could save a few bucks and just get the 1 arm because im only lowering the rear about 1-1.25 inches...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah Throwdown is free shipping. Also I believe that straight from Megan is free shipping... atleast that is what it said for their coils

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
if ur lowering it 2 inches or more get the 3.. anything 1.5 and less just get the one arm =)

www.throwdownperformance.com = free shipping =)

·
Registered
507 Posts
If we put only one arm for less 1.5 toe and caster wouldn't changed ?

·
Registered
507 Posts
but when you change camber you will affect both toe and caster (I'm not sure, but that what a local shop said)

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Yes, when you lower your vehicle etc, toe and camber will be effected, but camber arms will not correct toe. You would need toe arms depending on how bad it is out of spec, I think usually an alignment will take care of most things except really negative camber and toe that's way out of spec. I could be wrong.

But for majority of the people, your drops won't be significant enough to have to do anything major to correct it, a proper alignment should take care of it. And the shop should have a print out to show you before / after specs and how much you are still out of spec and if more attention is needed to correct the issue.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Right but you will not buy a camber arm if your toe is out of whack, you'll want the toe arm. There will be some toe change when you lower on springs, but it will not be to where you need a toe arm, coils on the other hand will allow you go to as low as you want.

The camber arms will correct the camber up to 1 degree, which is usually the amount of negative camber you get with a 1" drop give or take.

So I guess the camber are arm does change the toe, but like I said, you don't buy it to change your toe, it's mainly for your camber.

The 3 arm kit on the other hand will allow for 3 degrees of change along with some toe movement.

No need to over think this. If you are going to drop on springs or only drop to 1.5" on coils, you only need 1 arm .. any more and you will want the 3 arm. Don't worry about toe really if your alignment doesn't show anything wrong with it.

You said the guy at the shop says caster and toe change when you mess with the camber, but you have to remember, when you lower, you are going to get more negative camber, the 1 arm camber kit is the same thing you have on there OEM, but this one is adjustable. It pulls the wheel back to near OEM specs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts