Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was warm enough to work on the car this weekend, so I decided to replace my OEM grill with a Spec-D Tuning one, as well as fix my cracked fog light lens. Since I was going to have to remove the entire bumper for the grill, figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Taking off the front bumper was pretty straight forward. Taking out the bumper clips was kind of tedious but I was able to use a flathead screwdriver with no issues. Most of them broke which I anticipated, so I had extras readily available.
Bumper came right off no problem, but the left fog light connector was a PIA to unhinged. It took me 15 min to get the clips to the right angle where it would slide out. One it did, I detached the cracked fog light from the bumper and removed the cracked lens. I used a thin piece of plexiglass for the replacement(thin enough that it would bend to the shape of the fog light) which I scored with a blade and then cut to shape. Wish I would've taken my time to find a material that would cut out smoother than the plexiglass, but it did the job.
I sealed the plexiglass cover to the fog light with E600 which is an industrial adhesive. I used electrical tape to hold the bold while the adhesive cured for about 24 hrs, re-attached it to the bumper with the new grill, and then put everything back together. Happy how the front end looks now. I wasn't a fan of the honey comb grill or the peeling chrome lol

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was the Spec-D Grill install fairly easy? I'm planning on doing that in the coming months. Where did you get the extra clips from to re-attach the bumper?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts