Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about putting a tablet in my car for a little bit as my headunit and was wondering if anyone had pictures of their setup. I seen some people put the tablet where the storage area is. But im hoping I can put mine right where my headunit is. So any pictures or information would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've been thinking about putting a tablet in my car for a little bit as my headunit and was wondering if anyone had pictures of their setup. I seen some people put the tablet where the storage area is. But im hoping I can put mine right where my headunit is. So any pictures or information would be awesome!
I am just looking before I call it a night.

You can search... there is a few posts on the subject. You will need to get trim for Navi for the larger screen.

Another member got a mini computer and display.

Look for a tablet with multi channel output HDMI for audio, then you can use a secondary display with HDMI input, and a splitter for HDMI to a 5.1 channel preamp to feed the amp. There is a thread on wiring up the amp on EX-L audio.

If going with andriod, MX Player is the best. Though Samsungs video player has the best video on top window setup at this time.
Stay away from Doubletwist, and Poweramp... they are made for phones and are not as robust as MX Player on a good tablet. I use SoundFX as a processor for streamed audio cleanup it is very powerful and has 3 different modes and a pro quality option which is stripped down to the basics. Though you will need to find out what hardware you have if it cannot detect properly.

I had to convert IDtag info in Itunes before syncing with Media Player to get proper grouping and store album art that was missing. Once you get it right in Itunes set Media player not to control the media library. Then you can import the Itunes library into media player without loosing your changes when Media player starts. Then you can create play lists and sync to your tablet.

If your getting a Windows 8.1 tablet Apple's Itunes is the best player with IDtag editing. When transferring from computer Keis does a good job or follow the directions about configuring Media Player before setting up to sync. You can have both media programs exist even with the same library folder, just one will be setup to control the library while the other is disabled.

Since 7 inch tablets are least costly and packed with features, the tablet can be mounted easier as a portable device, like an Iphone... ect.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was looking at the samsung galaxy note 10.1, the samsung ativ 3, or the surface pro 2

I was leaning more towards the galaxy tablet just bc i love android. I dont know much about how to wire it or install it so im gonna get a professionally put in

And I want to use a 10.1 inch screen, go big or go home lol

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
And I want to use a 10.1 inch screen, go big or go home lol
Then you will need something that mounts from the air vents and allows the tablet to rest just below the vent openings.

I would opt for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. It is so much more than the standard. Even the Note 8.0 outperforms the standard Note 10.1.

Donno if the stereo shop knows all about Miracast. It is wireless HDMI with Multichannel capabilities.

You can push to a dongle or device for streaming, though with the 10.1 display, the audio portion is what you'll be channeling, even though it is screen mirroring. This will allow blue tooth to pair with phone and not disrupt audio playback. Another thing... Miracast disables internal speakers so all audio is sent to the preamp. Depending on the video player streaming, miracast will blank the screen. With downloaded videos, miracast will not blank the screen. So using a MHL to HDMI adapter may be your only option to view streamed video and pull multi channel audio. The draw back is it requires a wired connection that adds to your open cabling.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im hoping the audio shop can customize me a bezel for it to sit and look flush and clean looking. And ill be sure to bring all this information up to them that you giving me, I appreciate the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts