Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pebble flew into my windshield and left two small chips in the laminate.
I'd like to get it fixed, but I'm concerned that because it is so small, that a repair job might actually look worse than leaving it as is.
I have seen some sloppy paint touch jobs that looked worse than a small scratch would have looked left alone.

What is good for repairing very small windshield chips that will make the chip less noticeable rather than more noticeable?

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Your insurance company will do this for free with no deductible. You should do it so that the windshield doesn't weaken or crack further.

Although if it is truly "pinhead" and is just on the surface, they might look at you funny.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
State Farm dropped this feature several years ago. The only free windshield repair is if you have $0 deductible comprehensive coverage.
Whatever deductible you have applies to windshield repair.

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
I have Statefarm and they do have windshield replacement or fixing for free, you may have to call your local agent to see if your state have it, on my policy I have two free windshield replacement a year. If you don't get the chip fixed it will eventually start to run.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I have Statefarm and they do have windshield replacement or fixing for free, you may have to call your local agent to see if your state have it, on my policy I have two free windshield replacement a year. If you don't get the chip fixed it will eventually start to run.
or not

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
They will not. Zero deductible on windshield repair was dropped in the last few years.
I've had my windshield fixed twice this year and GEICO has picked up the bill each time and every time I've had my windshields fixed in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts