Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Never had that happen. Wonder how long it would take to disappear if you did nothing to it. Could make for an interesting conversation starter.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Haters!!!

:thumbsdow

Jay

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
Never had that happen. Wonder how long it would take to disappear if you did nothing to it. Could make for an interesting conversation starter.
If the egg is on the paint too long the sulphur content of the egg etches into the paint and cause crazing. If you get it off early probably a little auto shampoo and polish will be OK.

Left too long to point of crazing of the paint it will eat through the clearcoat and cause damage that will take more work to repair. Sometimes necessary to wet sand it.:thumbsdow

If you have a good coat of wax the effects of the egg will be minimal at least. At least the same as bird droppings.

Miker

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Um, it's November 9th...

Jay

·
Registered
67 Posts
At least it is not brake fluid. If you really hate someone put brake fluid on the paint and valve grinding compound down the oil fill hole.

·
4,637 Posts
The egg shells when thrown from a distance can easily chip the paint when it breaks on impact. Maybe file a police report if you live in a small community.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
Punks!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Another good reason to keep up on your sealant/wax...protection from a$$holes!! Sorry man, hope you got it to wash off before it did too much damage to the paint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cleaned it best I could. Got most of it off. Just a couple of spots of egg left. Don't want to scrub to hard. But I noticed from a few feet away I can see drip marks. It is slightly lighter in color than the rest of the car. I hope it will buff out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts