Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aloha Everybody.
So, there is a reason I call this car Chupacarbra.. 👹
Btw this all started from Me, doing "preventive maintenance" and performing My first timing belt change. OR, It could just be terrible chupacarbra timing.. BUT.. Plz take a look at the pitting on the Camshaft. I believe this is from previous owners neglect and abuse.. Look how black the oil in the shafts "lubrication reservoir"(? IDK what it's called) was? It looks ORIGINAL to the engine! And had plenty of chunks of who knows what and sludge.. So, I found a new/used shaft on ebay for $115. Thank goodness for eBay. What can I do about the bearings? This f'ing car doesn't have camshaft bearings?! The head bearings are pitted also. Would I have to machine the damn thing? Does anybody know a Honda engineer who helped design this gen car? I want to "talk" to him.. jeez.. Ok.. I'll be uploading a gang of pics.. and I'm trying to remember recent work.. 16 New Valves, head gasket,.valve seals, ALL gaskets, ckp/tdc sensor and wiring,, timing belt and water pump, new harmonic balancer, a/c-alt belt, ps belt, welded 2 exhaust leaks, made my tps sensor removable (why the hell is it Not?!), I forget what else.. The first time I took out My rocker arms, I gently hand sanded the camshaft and "bearings" with 1000 grit to make as smooth as possible..they are screwed though.. The timing belt tensioner that came in my kit was leaking grease. WTF? So I put back the original. Working alright. Thanks for any input guys. One day I'll get a new car. And f'ing take care of it! NOT like this cars previous owners. Oh well. Take kea..
Aloha ❤🤙💪💪💪💪

P.S. Oh yeah.. And, on the 12th I turned 40. Yay. God, I was so depressed. I made this page. Any help very appreciated! I don't know what else to do. The thrill is gone. Aloha ❤

Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics

Attachments

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Aloha.. So, yesterday, dropped the pan for cleaning and prepping for the new camshaft install.. I'm pretty sure I have to get the head machined since the tricky bastard engineers though it wise to not put bearings.. I have a friend who got Two 7.3L f450 heads machined for $400. So I hope mine is astronomically cheaper.. Anybody know any easier way to remove the timing belt DRIVE pulley? It's a B. I already broke some of the behind plate months ago. Just pry it, I guess? Months ago, after breaking off a piece of the aluminum backing, a friend welded a knock hammer to it and I was able to get it off. But it took forever to Dremel all the weld off. Any suggestions? Thanks. Aloha

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got the new (to Me) camshaft today.. tried to smooth out the head with My Dremel and a little buffer tip. We'll see.. Aloha

⬅Old on left New➡ on right.

Musical instrument Reed instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Music
Tool Musical instrument Gas Woodwind instrument Tin can

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol It's like I'm in a room of crickets.

Arthropod Eye Insect Terrestrial animal Wood

·
Super Moderator
4,703 Posts
The 6GA is a dying platform. Not much activity in here these days.

For all that work you've done, I'd have considered an engine swap from a lower mileage body. Perhaps even get an H22 swap in for the F23 that you have. Get some more ponies for not a whole lot.

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aloha..
Just updating.
It's running, but running poorly. Code p1362 tdc sensor no signal.
The first couple times I took the timing belt drive pulley off, I had to use a screwdriver or crowbar.. 22 years on there, it was on good. Long story short, I had broken off the entire border area with the two points piece by piece. I'm convinced the sensor reads off this pulley, but can't now. Replacement is in the mail.. can't wait to drive normal again.
Aloha!

·
one wheel drive
802 Posts
Makes sense, hopefully that does it and you'll be back to full rootin tootin neighbor hatin!

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense, hopefully that does it and you'll be back to full rootin tootin neighbor hatin!
lol!
I love My neighbors! Well, Most of them.. More like rootin tootin wild boar shootin! Haha
Aloha 🤙

• Haha
Reactions: DonutLimo

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the eBay seller that sold me the ckp/tdc sensor to send Me a new one for free also.. Just in case. I recommend this seller.. Their "Isumo" brand of aftermarket parts have always worked on My picky Honda.. Seller: globalsourcewd..
Aloha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts