Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 05 Accord with 230k on it. Suspension is squeaking bad, has never been serviced, and it obviously needs to have most of it replaced. But OEM parts are so expensive! Is there a well-known place to get OEM parts for less? The OEM rear shock absorber assembly is like $290 everywhere I've seen, for just one!

I haven't had a chance to take anything apart, but what is typically needed to be replaced on a job like this? I'm not very familiar with the design of the Accord's suspension system... it looks different than what I've seen before. I know it needs all four wheels done as I can hear them all making noise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got an 05 Accord with 230k on it. Suspension is squeaking bad, has never been serviced, and it obviously needs to have most of it replaced. But OEM parts are so expensive! Is there a well-known place to get OEM parts for less? The OEM rear shock absorber assembly is like $290 everywhere I've seen, for just one!

I haven't had a chance to take anything apart, but what is typically needed to be replaced on a job like this? I'm not very familiar with the design of the Accord's suspension system... it looks different than what I've seen before. I know it needs all four wheels done as I can hear them all making noise.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8th Gen Believer
4,014 Posts
^^ Google it. don't buy "OEM" parts on eBay b/c they're fake.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There are plenty of aftermarket of decent quality. For this application, would investigate. Spend money on all the other front end parts which probably need replaced too.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Rockauto used to be my go-to but no longer ship to my zip since the city requires sales tax be collected and they won't do it. So now I get just about everything from amazon.com.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where is this @qman?
I’m sorry; I would distraught

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm generally an OEM guy for most parts, but I've had pretty good results with KYB replacement struts (since as you've pointed out, OEM are ridiculously overpriced). If you're in So. Cal., I can give you some OEM springs that probably have about 20K miles on them for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts