Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Passenger side seat is finished . It was much easier than the rear seat too. I found out that the headrests on these accords are injection molded, so you can’t remove the factory material, so you just put the leather covers on over them anyway. Tomorrow is the main event, the infamous drivers side seat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, just ordered my leathers, ended up going with Roadwire. Couldn't decide between Alea for perforated or Roadwire for smooth, but the ease of cleaning non-perforated sold me.

My Dormat heaters come with hog ring pliers, but they look pretty dinky. Is it going to be worth investing in a specific set of pliers or will they all suffice?
Don't go crazy spending too much on pliers. I picked up a pair from Amazon and they worked fine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice looking! Enjoy the new "feel".

- Jack

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finished, now I can get some sleep. Overall it wasn’t that bad of a job, considering everyone wanted $500 or more just to install it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
No, I didn't disconnect the battery. I actually didn't know you were supposed to lol.
I've seen some people say you should but also a lot of people who say it doesn't matter. I feel like losing power from the connector is no different than losing battery power and shouldn't trigger the airbags. I plan on install my headunit at the same time as I pull out my passenger seat so power would be good to have.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've seen some people say you should but also a lot of people who say it doesn't matter. I feel like losing power from the connector is no different than losing battery power and shouldn't trigger the airbags. I plan on install my headunit at the same time as I pull out my passenger seat so power would be good to have.
What head unit are you installing?

·
Registered
393 Posts
That looks nice, I wish they made the head units easy replaceable like they used to be back in the days. Are you burying the stock head unit?

Yup. It's honestly not that hard. I just got the harness made for me. I'm sure I could do it, but I just don't have the time. It takes probably at most an hour or two to bury a head unit and run the wires. If anything, it's just gonna take more time because I have an existing speedwire run connecting my amps to the stock head unit that I'll have to remove.

I just rented cars with Android Auto, and I desperately wanted it in my car haha. The audio upgrade is a nice perk too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So I started on the rear seats and I'm convinced that the only way to remove the rear headrest covers is to cut them off. So I did like @mvd1974 and just put them over the factory ones lol.
Okay. These headrests are absolutely a nightmare to put on. Did you flip the covers inside out then unroll them? Any tips?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lol, I just squeezed them between my knees and started sliding them down one side at a time. Are yours cloth?
Okay, I got one on, but it's slightly out of alignment.

Does it automatically settle into place after some time? I just squeezed the foam again with my legs, and tried to move it into place, but it doesn't seem to move much.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Okay, I got one on, but it's slightly out of alignment.

Does it automatically settle into place after some time? I just squeezed the foam again with my legs, and tried to move it into place, but it doesn't seem to move much.
From what I’m hearing, a couple of weeks of sitting in the sun should help with wrinkles, but other than that just keep messing with it until you get it how you want it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You've just motivated me to put these on myself. Been looking for a place to install leathers covers for me but they're asking a ridiculous price.
Good job and thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You've just motivated me to put these on myself. Been looking for a place to install leathers covers for me but they're asking a ridiculous price.
Good job and thanks for sharing with us.
You’re welcome, and yes definitely give it a try. I had never heard of hog rings until last week, and have no experience with upholstery so I think anybody can do it. This was probably the best $300 I’ve spent on my car since I’ve gotten it, and had I known about these earlier I would have been done it.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts