Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The backup camera still goes through the stock screen, and you still retain all of the functions of the imid except the mpg screen with the metra kit. So you can set the clock whenever you need to. Though the imid seems like it’s being displayed at a lower resolution also, but it still functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, that's weird that you have lower resolution then. I would say disable the iMid clock because it'll be off with DST and you have to reattach the old faceplate to change the time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Ah, that's weird that you have lower resolution then. I would say disable the iMid clock because it'll be off with DST and you have to reattach the old faceplate to change the time.
The metra kit uses its own interface, that’s why it has a lower resolution. The old head unit was completely removed, but I can still access all of the iMid screens, except the fuel economy screen using the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The metra kit uses its own interface, that’s why it has a lower resolution. The old head unit was completely removed, but I can still access all of the iMid screens, except the fuel economy screen using the steering wheel buttons.

Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize it fully removed the old head unit! That's not too shabby then. Suppose you could just replace the reverse camera with your own and connect it to the Alpine if the resolution bothers you enough. When I first got my Accord, I was actually surprised how good the camera was compared to other reverse cameras. Honestly though, considering the tech we have today, it's amazing we don't have better cameras.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize it fully removed the old head unit! That's not too shabby then. Suppose you could just replace the reverse camera with your own and connect it to the Alpine if the resolution bothers you enough. When I first got my Accord, I was actually surprised how good the camera was compared to other reverse cameras. Honestly though, considering the tech we have today, it's amazing we don't have better cameras.
Just made a small video for those curious.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just made a small video for those curious.

Nifty! Seems like they finally worked out the bugs after 5 years hah.

I just finished all my seats today and got the seat heaters installed. Took a while to get the seat heaters wired up. Unfortunately I think my driver's seat leather was dried out so it feels rough and has cracks on the seat and headrest. I have been drenching it in conditioner to try and get it restored. I might need to get a dedicated conditioner rather than the Griot's 3 in 1.

The misalignment on the driver's seat heater button is killing me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Nifty! Seems like they finally worked out the bugs after 5 years hah.

I just finished all my seats today and got the seat heaters installed. Took a while to get the seat heaters wired up. Unfortunately I think my driver's seat leather was dried out so it feels rough and has cracks on the seat and headrest. I have been drenching it in conditioner to try and get it restored. I might need to get a dedicated conditioner rather than the Griot's 3 in 1.

The misalignment on the driver's seat heater button is killing me.
That looks pretty nice man, good job. That sucks about the cracks though, it’s no telling how long the leathers they sell on eBay have been sitting around and they’re just trying to get rid of extra stock. On the roadwire website it would cost $1800 for the same exact sets we paid $300 for because they only sell them with installation included. My ocd would go crazy too, but the button doesn’t look too far off.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That looks pretty nice man, good job. That sucks about the cracks though, it’s no telling how long the leathers they sell on eBay have been sitting around and they’re just trying to get rid of extra stock. On the roadwire website it would cost $1800 for the same exact sets we paid $300 for because they only sell them with installation included. My ocd would go crazy too, but the button doesn’t look too far off.

Yea. I have seen some good improvement with the Griot's 3 in 1. Everyone raves about Leatherique, but I think it needs heat since the instructions say to park the car in the sun with windows rolled up to create a "steam room" for several hours. March in Illinois is not ideal for that hah. It's also pretty pricey at ~$45 for a kit.

I may grab some Griot's Leather Rejuvenator and see if that brings the leather back to life.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Did you remove the factory cloth on the center console armrest or did you just put the leather over it? I started removing the cloth, and the padding on the armrest is so thin. The roadwire leather for the center console has zero foam so I'm thinking it's gonna be have like zero cushion.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Did you remove the factory cloth on the center console armrest or did you just put the leather over it? I started removing the cloth, and the padding on the armrest is so thin. The roadwire leather for the center console has zero foam so I'm thinking it's gonna be have like zero cushion.
Yes I did remove the factory “leather” from the center console armrest. It looked the exact same as the roadwire leather did. I don’t think it would have fit on top of the factory leather though. The roadwire headrests were made to go over the factory material since they aren’t removable.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes I did remove the factory “leather” from the center console armrest. It looked the exact same as the roadwire leather did. I don’t think it would have fit on top of the factory leather though. The roadwire headrests were made to go over the factory material since they aren’t removable.

Gotcha thanks. Soooo many staples to remove! I may have to take this to an upholstery shop since my hand stapler isn't cutting it. The staples keep bending when I try to staple into the plastic, I think the plastic is bouncing on me, and there's not enough force from the handle stapler.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Gotcha thanks. Soooo many staples to remove! I may have to take this to an upholstery shop since my hand stapler isn't cutting it. The staples keep bending when I try to staple into the plastic, I think the plastic is bouncing on me, and there's not enough force from the handle stapler.
Staples? Mine didn’t have any staples in it lol. What year and trim Accord do you have again?

·
Registered
432 Posts
When you purchased the leather, was it specifically for the LX? I know with mine it specified that it was only for the 2016-2017 EX or Sport

Yup. The Roadwire pattern schematic I have says 2013 Honda Accord LX. I was a little confused when you said that you were worried your leather wouldn't fit over the armrest since I have a giant piece of leather with like 3" excess on all sides.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Na I just got the regular version.

Gotcha. Those will be way easier to install :p Though everything is easy compared to upholstery haha.

Finally finished my center console armrest:

Looks nice from up top, but there's some small details that annoy me.

Really annoyed with the small gap in leather since I didn't even cut any leather off on that end, but I didn't want to redo the entire piece. Still better than paying $50 to get it done by someone.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Gotcha. Those will be way easier to install :p Though everything is easy compared to upholstery haha.

Finally finished my center console armrest:

Looks nice from up top, but there's some small details that annoy me.

Really annoyed with the small gap in leather since I didn't even cut any leather off on that end, but I didn't want to redo the entire piece. Still better than paying $50 to get it done by someone.
Oh shit, you were talking about the center console armrest lol. I thought you were talking about the one in the rear. My kit didn’t come with the center armrest, but the stock leather that was already on it looks exactly the same so it already matches.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oh shit, you were talking about the center console armrest lol. I thought you were talking about the one in the rear. My kit didn’t come with the center armrest, but the stock leather that was already on it looks exactly the same so it already matches.

Ahh yea gotcha. Roadwire finally responded to me about the rear armrest not having a slot cut out for the cupholder so I'll see what they want me to do about it. That said... a 2 week response time is not great.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts