Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Color will either be MSM or Black...probably the gray.

What original Honda accessories did all of you consider and buy? Any suggestions?

I'm thinking:

1 - Splash guards (slinging water, mud on my finish is no bueno)
2 - Door sill (probably go standard, not illuminated)
3 - Floor mats

The car pretty much comes with everything else.

Am I missing anything? Anything to avoid?

Thanks.

·
CVT
514 Posts
1) i would get it. although some have said that they dont do much, i've had a pretty good luck with them in my older hondas.
2) sure, they're nice. i'd look at ones on ebay and compare the prices
3) most would agree that weathertech/husky mats are nicer than OEM, and at similar price IIRC.

i would add a trunk tray, i'd hate to vacuum the carpet in the trunk all the time..
wheel locks, maybe. just a piece of mind more than anything else..
the upgrade horn from college honda is good, it seems like a huge upgrade at a good price.

i'd skip the pinstripes. on my old 4runner it dried up and looked terrible. plus it gets in the way of detailing :D

just some suggestions. go through college hills honda's accessories catalog for our accords and see what you like! remember as long as you're happy with your car thats all that matters.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Be sure to make the deal include the trunk tray, splash guards, edge guards and alarm. All of those things cost the dealer nothing! Don't purchase the extra warranty not worth it IMO. I have the 6 year/75k warranty from a second party purchased from Honda and from the reviews I've read its a scam. I regret going through with it. Same goes for the detail package they offer, get a detail done from a rep. shop.

Looks like your looking at a Sport?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good advice by the previous two posters. On the detail side search for the post by glen e. on detailing a new car. Excellent information on detailing your own car both now and in the future. You'll gain some great experience/knowledge and be very pleased with the results!!

Try here..................http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79730

·
Registered
87 Posts
My dealer threw in the trunk tray, floor mats, and splash guards and I'm glad they did, all good and useful things to have. As mentioned previously they cost the dealer peanuts.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
IMO the splash guards are not worth it. They do noting to protect the finish from salt and rocks. There are cheaper and more functional solutions out there.

I had the dealer install the following because it takes a little skill and I wanted the 3/36 warranty coverage on them.

* trunk bumper guard
* body side moldings
* rear spoiler (big one)

Don't pay the dealer to install floor mats and trunk liners. You can get better cheaper And you can install in minutes.

Jay

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I have 3m on the full front end, door sills, lip spoiler, honda all season mats but wished i got the weather tech ones, honda trunk appliqué, mud flaps, wheel locks, trunk tray, and finally honda remote starter, Platinum protection package (undercoat, paint protection, and interior protection), finally tint all around.

The things I would recommend for you to get is the 3m clear bra, the appliqué. Also if you live where you get snow or it rains a lot i would also get the weather tech mats and the trunk tray isn't bad at all. Finally if you can afford to spend a couple more dollars get the lip spoiler as well makes the car look better from the rear end. The thing that I regret getting is the remote starter the range is shit.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I can't believe how many people actually want to buy those stupid splashguards. They take a slick looking car and make it look like an old-man's rental car. IMO of course, to each his own. Especially if you have a non-black car. Ugly and many have said it doesn't even offer much protection. I sense that a lot of you people aren't satisfied with the simple act of getting a new car, you also have to spend more money for OPTIONS too!

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Splash guards:
I am a big supporter of the splash guards. They look good on the car and are very functional (I'm sure it looks just as good if not better without them). I drive my car for work, which includes going to numerous construction sites and rural and developing areas. My splash guards have kept so much dirt/debris off my paint. A little still gets by them but not much. I'm on gravel roads all the time and I'm sure the splash guards save me from some rocks as well.

Weathertech Floor liners:
Building from that, the Weathertech floor liners are fantastic and keep the mud from my boots off my carpet. If you are going to climb in your new Accord with any more than damp shoes from stepping in a puddle, I would suggest the weathertechs.

Trunk tray:
Another one that I don't have yet but plan on getting is the Honda trunk tray. But it is far cheaper online than my local dealer wants for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend the OEM all season mats. Even all season mats get nasty and stain with time so it is nice to replace them occasionally. Weathertech makes some great stuff but it looks a bit to rustic for the Accord in my opinion. You can get the OEM's pretty cheap through the dealer or eBay.

I don't think splashguards make that big of a difference and I have owned them in the past on previous vehicles. My wifes Subaru Outback has them and it doesn't prevent mud or snow from getting on the body of the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Being a fan of black cars, I would go with MSM as well. Black is so much harder to keep looking nice. MSM won't show swirl marks or dust as bad. Mud flaps, even though they are small they are not real expensive and do help keep your car a little cleaner. The only feature I miss and kind of wished I had considered at the time of purchase was remote start. I went from a vehicle that had it and I used it quite a bit. Didn't realize how much until I didn't have it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Color will either be MSM or Black...probably the gray.

What original Honda accessories did all of you consider and buy? Any suggestions?

I'm thinking:

1 - Splash guards (slinging water, mud on my finish is no bueno)
2 - Door sill (probably go standard, not illuminated)
3 - Floor mats

The car pretty much comes with everything else.

Am I missing anything? Anything to avoid?

Thanks.
Along with what was mentioned I would also get them to throw in the wheel locks and tinted windows. On my car the dealer had already installed everything everyone has mentioned except the door sill plates. I have the coupe that the door sills are illuminated and are very over priced. The ones for the coupe are not and just stick on with tape.

Don't let them sell you an extended warrantee, too expensive, or any kind of paint or interior protection package. The paint protection package is just an over priced wax job and you can buy a can of Scotch Guard and spray the seats yourself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a believer in extended warranties if you are planning on keeping the car. I have had them on a 2000 Accord, 2004 Infiniti and a 2008 Corvette. On all of these they either paid for themselves or came very close to it so the peace of mind was virtually free. I currently have extended warranties on a '11 Accord and a '13 Accord Coupe. The cost can be very negotiable at time of purchase.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Extended warranties are like any other form of insurance......you're mitigating risk.
Like house, medical, and life insurance hopefully you won't need them but if you ever do............

Personally I bought extended warranties for years and never once needed them so I no longer buy them but chances are now I will.

·
Registered
465 Posts
There's a thread here to get extended warranties cheap out of state. Make sure you get that price. I just paid $745 for 80k miles and 7yr.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts