Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
As you add more sound deadening material to the trunk lid, I recommend removing the weight so it opens much easier. It's in your first trunk lid pic, bottom center.
That little block is just a weight!?? I thought it was something else, don't know what, but I thought it served as some other purpose..

So, how does it sound?
It sounds amazing. I love my car and everything I have done to it so far. I get compliments from everyone I show my system to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, it's just a weight so the trunk lid opens smoothly. I think it becomes a challenge for the few of us that upgrade systems. On top of that, if you don't already have a spoiler that also complicates things. I was thinking of buying the factory deck lid spoiler which comes with a spring upgrade for this reason. Here's the part number to the spoiler, and you can see by the diagram it comes with a heavier bar spring. I can't find a part number just for that.

08F10-T2A-150

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I can't edit my post.. weird.. Anyway, here is the pic I left out. I accidentally posted twice of another pic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
What did you use to secure the box to the trunk so it doesn't move?
It really doesn't move much. What happens is that the rubber mat which the speaker sits on moves so using Velcro on the bottom of the speaker won't keep it from moving. If it does move, it's like an inch or so. I really haven't had any issues with it moving though.

TBH I totally forgot about securing it down because it doesn't move very much. When I do end up securing it down (because you just reminded me lol), I'll post it here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I went ahead and purchased some Velcro from Home Depot and attached the two strips to the underside of the speaker. Once on each of the two front corners. The results are as expected and the speaker has not moved in weeks. I can still remove the speaker if need be, although, with some hassle.

·
Registered
2014 Honda accord exl with the premium sound system with navigation
6 Posts
Looking at the honda/ acura bypass it seem to only have one input don't you need something that can tie into both the head unit and factory harness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are pix from my build, its not finised yet put the car in the shop on monday should be done by friday. I didn't go cheap so i went with JL Everything Components front & Coaxial rear are both 650 csi. Went with the W7 13.5AE HD1200.1 for sub & HD600.4 for door speakers. Also did the Big 3 and also added an extra battery to the rear both batteries are XS Power. My head unit is a Pioneer Double Din 4200NEX. Here are afew pix of what my installer sent to me. All in all i spent about $3k

Attachments

121 - 130 of 130 Posts