Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently purchased my 2010 Accord Coupe Polished Metal Metallic, and i am loving it :D

I have had a lot of ideas and things that I want to do with her, but will not because of warranty on the car. Do you think that an intake will void the warranty? I will probably have to call and see depending on dealership from what I see.

Ok, Sooo..here is what I am going to do. Tonight i will start my first plasti dip experiment on the emblems, grill, and trim.

I have mixed feelings, and i know it is really up to me, but when i post some pics i would like some feedback. First time modder here. I just got the tint in last week and it changes the car so much! Also I am 50/50 on doing the rims. What do you guys think. It is easy to take off, if done right, but we see. I will post pics of the Grill, Trim, and Emblems tonight..

Here is my new baby

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the tape work i did. Luckily i work for a school district and let me use the paint shop..the fumes got very strong and couldnt find the ventalation switch so opened the garage door. First layers went on great. Finishing up some here..so ill post more.. Enjoy..feel free to critique or ask questions:) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hatchback

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Grille

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Honda accord

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done

Finished up! It came out pretty clean, no major issues anywhere, i should of taped over the rubber door sealers, i was able to get most of it off by itself, but started peeling on the chrome section so had to get a razer blade to help.

I think I will do the rims.. any opinions?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bumper

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Vehicle door

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Honda accord

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Bumper

Vehicle Car Headlamp Grille Bumper

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
Looking Great! I did my grill and wheel covers, going to do the rest of the car tomorrow. Looks good on PMM and ASM - both my favorite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man! I will be taking off the pin strip soon that the dealership put on it. Then thinking about starting the rims next week. Since i dont have anywhere to lift it, i wasnt sure if you could just peel the lug nuts easily off. I got the crappy spray top on my cans and had to keep wiping it as it got bubbly , don't really didnt affect the car as i caught it early.

I'll take some more pics when I get a chance! I didn't black out the accord emblem as i will be debadging it soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It looks great, i wanna do this too eventually

Can i ask how many cans of plasti dip did it take for everything? Around 3? I wanna know how many cans to buy when i do mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can i ask how many cans of plasti dip did it take for everything?
I used two full can, i used ones with the crappy sprayer, so look for the ones with a wider base, not the generic spray can topper...

Menards and lowes have it, but the better top one was at Mendards

I also did my rims, leaving a total of 3 cans, not bad, with some left over and 3-5 coats, 3 on trim, grill, and emblems, and 4/5 on rims

Here is a picture of my Rims i just did

HIDS coming in next week...also looking at short air intake....then Halo lights like the ones from this thread

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69865

·
Registered
71 Posts
The car is looking sleek! keep those updates coming.:thmsup:
I was thinking about doing the same thing to my 2013 Still Night Pearl Accord Coupe, but I'm still kind of unsure about how it will turn out =/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, so waiting on my HID's ..somewhere stuck in China...lol

But i think i might leap into the HALO lights..they are sexy as F*** and I want to give it a shot..if i mess it up...oh well..but I really do like the DIY mod and how it turned out...

Patience is a virtue... income is a bit short this month, but keep tuned and I am sure you won't be disappointed. I've seen so many awesome posts on this site and glad to be part of this awesome community. Merry Christmas DA!! Love you all and your help!

·
Registered
763 Posts
OK, so waiting on my HID's ..somewhere stuck in China...lol

But i think i might leap into the HALO lights..they are sexy as F*** and I want to give it a shot..if i mess it up...oh well..but I really do like the DIY mod and how it turned out...

Patience is a virtue... income is a bit short this month, but keep tuned and I am sure you won't be disappointed. I've seen so many awesome posts on this site and glad to be part of this awesome community. Merry Christmas DA!! Love you all and your help!
Yeah, halo lights do look really good. Will definitely be tuning in and see how it all turns out. Merry Christmas to you too! And everyone else here on DA! :thmsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The plastidip looks really neat... You are really brave to do all of that work on your own! What is the life of the material? Were you nervous to do all of that work? I would be scared to do my wheels... I think the black plastidip would look awesome on my Belize Blue Pearl...

·
Registered
763 Posts
OP, any update with your HIDs? Received them yet?

The plastidip looks really neat... You are really brave to do all of that work on your own! What is the life of the material? Were you nervous to do all of that work? I would be scared to do my wheels... I think the black plastidip would look awesome on my Belize Blue Pearl...
Plasti-dipping isn't something to be afraid of. Many people do it to cover the chrome trim on their cars. If you want to plasti-dip your wheels, go for it. And if you stuff it up or it doesn't look right, just peel it off and redo it! :yes: Just remember to clean the wheels thoroughly before you apply the plasti-dip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I wasn't really nervous at all, i just sprayed lol. As stated, if you don't like it or mess up, just peel it right off and it was like it was never there! It is great stuff and gives a great result. The life of the material all depends on the elements and maintenance.

It has been on for several months now and still looks great!! Had car washed at Mike's Car Wash here in Indiana where they have a reputation for sometimes scratching rims, (I've never had this issue). They still look great after road salt, sand, snow, ice, rain and normal wear and tear.

Also, it would look great with your blue pearl!! Let us know if you try it out. Try a few test runs on something small :)

OP, any update with your HIDs? Received them yet?
Yes, i received them right before Christmas :) Have not gotten a chance to attempt the install yet due the weather here in Indiana, it is getting warmer now, but now comes rain. I am going to see if I can get into a garage to do the work and wait till the spring to do the HALO lights which i am amped for :D Trust me, I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes, i received them right before Christmas :) Have not gotten a chance to attempt the install yet due the weather here in Indiana, it is getting warmer now, but now comes rain. I am going to see if I can get into a garage to do the work and wait till the spring to do the HALO lights which i am amped for :D Trust me, I'll keep you posted
Looking forward to it!! :banana:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts