Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, née your thoughts. I have been searching a lot about plasti dip. I think I will do my badges this spring. I have a hematite v6. What is the groups thoughts on doing the grill? I was thinking of just doing the cross bars, or should I do the whole darn thing? Any color choices? I am thinking either black or anthracite grey. Thoughts? Let's hear em all good or bad

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The Hematite was my second color choice after the MSM. I'm not a big fan of plastidip but if you just have to do it go with the black. Hematite, is a nice color that sort of grows on you and an anthracite grey dip wouldn't look too good IMO. As a matter of fact I think it would detract greatly from the beauty of the Hematite. Post some pics after you complete the project.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I am leaning toward the black too. I figured I would just personalize it a bit.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I am not a fan of plasti dip. I am going to paint the horizontal grill pieces on my wife's EX to match the body color, ***. I like the looks of the painted finish much better than the texture of the plasti dip.

The paint is a more permanent solution, but I feel sure that I'll like the painted look better so that will not be an issue for me..

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I would like to paint it also, however I like the idea that if I get bored with it I can just peel and repaint. You know what they say about idle hands

·
Registered
83 Posts
take your time with and and you can get good results with it..... try different stuff... if you don't like it peel and start over.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly my thoughts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I did my stock rims and like it for a different look. It is great especially considering you can always change it or remove it. Just do several coats.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about doing the rims, I have heard that it can be a bitch to remove

·
Registered
288 Posts
I thought about doing the rims, I have heard that it can be a bitch to remove
It's only somewhat hard to remove when you don't put down enough coats, or when some jackholes put clear coat on it.

I've done the wheels on my jeep and the current wheels on my accord with no problems.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did the dip come off easily? How long does it last on the wheels. Also, what do you use to clean it

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well heck, there isn't a part you haven't dipped. I like it. Looks good. How long does the dip on the wheels last?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Can't say that I like it. What color was your car originally? As long as you like it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Has anyone Plasti dipped on a Modern Steel Metallic model?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can't do it, MSM can't hold dip. Paint it too slippery.
I meant is there a color for it. Dont like chrome too much, so just tossing the idea out there for the grill.

·
jmead75
24 Posts
The original color is black as well. This is just clear dip over that to give it the matte look. It's so much easier to keep clean this way! The dip on the wheels has been on right at a year now, and no problems with it. I'll probably be changing the color up again sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wrench and SS,

I hate the chrome on the car and dipped all of it. Look for my previous posts to see what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts