Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plasti dipped the chrome accents on the grille this afternoon...deciding on whether or not i should also dip the chrome on the bottom part of the front bumper as well...

photo.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
Did you plasticine the Honda badge too? Looks great . I would do the bottom chrome strip.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
I don't understand the plastidip craze. It just looks cheap and immature IMO.

Reminds me of all the kids who go out and matte black everything on there cars.

Or cars of a lower trim level with black plastic instead of body colored or chrome trim.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't understand the plastidip craze. It just looks cheap and immature IMO.

Reminds me of all the kids who go out and matte black everything on there cars.

Or cars of a lower trim level with black plastic instead of body colored or chrome trim.
You are right. Why would you deface a gorgeous car with black? I can't understand this black everything fad. Very unattractive when done to a beautiful new car. When I see black trim I think of stripper cars, taxis and police vehicles.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
884 Posts
Some people think aftermarket spoilers look cool too. I think plasti-dip can look amazing if done right. I like the stock chrome but this looks good!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm having all my chrome done in black vinyl. Everything but the emblems. While I agree it can be done wrong and look cheap. Done correctly with other mods can look great.

The chrome on our cars is ok. The grill stock looks fine, the lower chrome on the front and back looks ok.

However the chrome in between the tail lights isn't very clean, it takes away from the look of the car. Also the chrome around the windows is horrible. I don't know about you guys but the seams are inconsistent and do not match up everywhere. Once it's black you wont see these minor imperfections.

As for the handles I like them chrome but I'm thinking they might go black to finish the look off. However I have not yet made a decision. My car is black though so black on black is much different then black on white.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The grille looks like cheap plastic now.
Definitely looks like lower trim levels that have unpainted plastic.
Kind of like the mirrors on the EX-L vs LX.

Put down the Plastidip can!

Maybe someone wants to try color keyed, though the paint will probably be chipped to hell-

·
Registered
252 Posts
Definitely liking the look of the bottom one!

White grill, black bars, and black lower trim. Looks great and wouldn't be to expensive to remove your self and bring to a real shop to have the proper paint put on instead of plastidip.

·
Low&Wide
134 Posts
The grille looks like cheap plastic now.
Definitely looks like lower trim levels that have unpainted plastic.
Kind of like the mirrors on the EX-L vs LX.

Put down the Plastidip can!

Maybe someone wants to try color keyed, though the paint will probably be chipped to hell-
Why did you show me this!!! Now imma have to do it lol looks good. Better than I thought

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1371585633.925537.jpg

do this look cheap?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree. Black on black is makes a car look plain.
The purpose of the chrome is to accentuate certain parts of the car. If you don't like the effect of the chrome maybe try bronze. I've seen some members here on DA dip/paint their wheels bronze. Adds a really nice subtle touch and isn't as in your face as chrome or dull with the black. IMO blacking out wheels/chrome trim only looks good on white cars. :dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Plastidip in moderation can come out nice. I just plastidipped the large outer part of the grill as opposed to the whole thing. I think that part the grill would look better on any color accord if its matched to the paint like the white one above.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice! I don't have my car yet(on order),but does that piece of the grill come off,or did you paint it on the car? I have the white Touring coming and also was wondering how close the white is to the factory white? Thanks,Hot Brass

*EDIT* I just saw a video about installing a sport grille and the bumper needs to come off to remove the grill,so my Q is answered. Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess I'm getting old.A few years back I liked the blacked out or color matched look,but now I prefer the the few touches of chrome,except for the door handles, on my Sport.But every one has their own taste and wants to make the car their own,so they aren't looking at the same car on the opposite side of the stop light.My other ride is a Harley Bagger,so I understand the individualization.I like the variety.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts