Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
very cool, I was thinking of doing that for my chrome trims on my black accord. Not sure on the color I would be using though... maybe red :)

Nice glow on the dip, what did you use?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very cool, I was thinking of doing that for my chrome trims on my black accord. Not sure on the color I would be using though... maybe red :)

Nice glow on the dip, what did you use?
Nothing, just make the last coat really thick, it will come out smooth(Althou its hard to do, I put too much and it dripped a little, but on white its not that noticable). Also I found out yesterday that if you use the Chemical Guys Butter Wax on the plasti dip, it makes it really smooth, it no longer feels like that stubborn rubber, it not feel like smooth matte finish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
add 3 coats of Plasti Dip Pearlizer and 3 coats of Plasti Dip Glossifier to the white you put on, it's almost a perfect match. check my door handles in my profile album.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
It wouldn't look bad from far, I like the concept but I would just have it painted to match, some auto paint shops can make your paint in spray can form. I think it would complete the look if you paint the chrome on the rear bumper too. I like where you going with it :thmsup:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
that looks great. I would leave the chrome strip at the bottom, but I would remove the Accord and Sport badges. Nice job.

·
Registered
241 Posts
OK, you asked what we think. Sorry it looks kind of cheap looking. The tail lights look like the are miss placed without the chrome trim joining them. The chrome continues the look of the lights. That's the way it was designed. But its your car to do with as you like. Not for me.

·
Apprentice
259 Posts
Yea, I did this to my car. Needless to say, I was not impressed. Removed it after a day or two.

·
Black Beauty
45 Posts
Looks disrupted. The chrome bar actually enhanced/flows with the taillights.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Not my thing, but if the paint is pearlized it might look better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts