Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
farooqster
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe v6 exl with Leather (about June last year).

1) With the car at the age of under a year, the (plastic) seat brace that wraps around the driver's seat snapped off. The dealership decided to fix it by ordering me a new brace and installing it.

One week into the newly installed brace, it has managed to snap off again.

2) Also, the exhaust tends to spit smoke (white) more than I feel it should. This happens mor ehwen its cold out, but also when its not so cold and no one else's car on the road is smoking.

Has anyone dealt with this situation(s) in their Accord?

Thanks in advance.

Rooqster

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts
Hello all,

I purchased a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe v6 exl with Leather (about June last year).

1) With the car at the age of under a year, the (plastic) seat brace that wraps around the driver's seat snapped off. The dealership decided to fix it by ordering me a new brace and installing it.

One week into the newly installed brace, it has managed to snap off again.

2) Also, the exhaust tends to spit smoke (white) more than I feel it should. This happens mor ehwen its cold out, but also when its not so cold and no one else's car on the road is smoking.

Has anyone dealt with this situation(s) in their Accord?

Thanks in advance.

Rooqster
I haven't heard anything about the seat brace snapping. I would take it back to the dealer and let them fix it again.

As far as the smoke out of the tailpipe, it sounds like you might be burning oil. I would keep an eye on the engine oil level and see if it's burning more than it should. If so, take it to the dealer if your car is still under warranty. Good luck.

·
Dats da way to do...
354 Posts
Yea I have an 09 Lxs and I have the same problem with excessive smoke coming out as well

·
budsthe3
142 Posts
If you're exhaust is spitting white smoke, that usually means there is a bad head gasket, due to coolant leaking into the cylinders, then burning out with the exhaust. check your coolant level, and have your dealer check for a bad head gasket. they usually can do a pressure test on the engine

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I highly doubt a 2010 is going to have a blown head gasket :dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
If water is being produce out the tailpipe wiyht the smoke you shouldn't be worried h20 out the tailpipe = good combustion

·
farooqster
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm taking it back to the dealership to get the brace fixed.

Hopefully the exhaust feelsl like smoking while I'm there so I can show it to them. It really is the disbelief that a 2010 Honda would have a busted head gasket which has held me back from taking it in.

Thanks again.

·
farooqster
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OOOOOO I just found a thread on this site about Jim Coleman Honda, something about how they refused to change someone's oil filter after lying that they did.

I wonder if this being applied to my seat brace = they never attached a new brace, but just snapped together the old one, which is why it broke off again. Hmmm...

I won't jump to any conclusions for now. Will keep everyone updated on this.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
white smoke at cold startup is totally normal , as long as it stops when warmed up .

Look around at other cars at same temps, its just moisture/water burning off .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts