Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure what you call it but I see in the diy videos that people have some plastic tool they use to pull the trim off when getting to the radio. What is that called and where can I order one that is good.

sorry if this is a dumb question.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
There is a yellow kit with 5 different plastic tools at harbor freight, 6$ and works great

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also found that tire levers work well, at least better than a flat head screwdriver and they can be found at your local bicycle shop.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link

·
Registered
44 Posts
The problem I found (the hard way) with a flat head screwdriver is that it can leave indentations in the plastic trim.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The problem I found (the hard way) with a flat head screwdriver is that it can leave indentations in the plastic trim.
that why u wrap the ends thoroughly with something like scotch tape when in a pinch (or use a butterknife that's wrapped in the same method..)

I highly recommend for the price the HF set mentioned above .. it's helped out a lot over the past couple of yrs

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to order that set. I was going to pick up a ipod hookup for my car but it looks like my ipod is going bad now.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I need to order that set. I was going to pick up a ipod hookup for my car but it looks like my ipod is going bad now.
The set that Los kindly posted the link to looks very good - especially for the price. You might want to check out this other set as well. I bought one a couple of years ago for $5 (too bad it's not on sale now). I like it's variety and it's always worked well for me. But I'm sure either set will do the job. Good luck with your install.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts