Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

What do you think of PlastiDip?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eh guys! I know there are alot of people that know about plastidip and are even some that have used it before. I want to get an idea of what people think of the product.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would venture to call it a wonder material!

·
/V | |2 4 |_
51 Posts
Agreed im a huge fan of it. My favorite is the true metallics line at dipyourcar.com, it looks like you did the 8th gen coupe wheels in black. Post sum more pics of that

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you can see in the pic above, i did my rims a couple different colors. Black, red and white. I'm waiting for my last shipment of dip, as i am going to refinish my 4th OEM 17 with the Aluminium metallic dip. Gonna make a DIY vid for the people that aren't familiar with the product.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
new to the world of Plasti Dip. those dipped rims look nice!

I tried a DIY project last week to my emblems on the back, didn't come out too good, but I may try again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done 2 complete sets of rims with the black now and i have a few people lined up for me to do theirs now. I have used it to paint anything from rims to bumpers to my entire atv. Love this stuff!!

·
Apprentice
259 Posts
I live on the stuff!! The Dip Your Car Headquarters is just 20 min south of me which is a plus. :D

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
I love the product!, I started slowly with just my wheels and badges its even in my house lol. Now I will be having a full dip!! should I do satin black or satin red???

·
Apprentice
259 Posts
The good thing about PD is that you can screw up, remove it, and start all over again. I quickly realized, however, the more coats you apply, the easier it will be to remove. The first time I dipped my rims I didn't apply enough coats so when I went to remove it, I spent HOURS removing bits and pieces of it. Lesson learned.

·
Apprentice
259 Posts
I love the product!, I started slowly with just my wheels and badges its even in my house lol. Now I will be having a full dip!! should I do satin black or satin red???
I'd go with the black. Unless you know how to mix PD and make it darker, the red is a bit too bright. At least IMO.

·
Read Only
28 Posts
FYI if you ever out on plastidip too thin just use some bug anf tar remover that is clear coat safe and soak it a bit. I went from spending a hour removing it off a rim to like 5 minutes.

·
Read Only
28 Posts
IMO plastidip look good for a little bit but for me i got tired of the color real quick. I rather actually paint stuff now than use plastidip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts