Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious I have an honda accord 2013 LX and I was curious with how plastidipping all the chrome on the car will look like I have a white car so how will it look? Also wheels. If anyones done it post pics?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I am going to assume you're a Vietnamese female. So I won't give you a sarcastic answer haha... But best thing to do is to look through the Pic threads. I think it looks good from what I saw. I would advise vinyl wrap the door handles

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's a pic I found w/o window chrome and handle plastidipped View attachment 120714

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
this is similar to the look I want...I'd like black door handles though. Not sure if want to eliminate all of the chrome though.

BUT...

coincidentally I purchased some Plasti Dip this morning as I wanted to test the stuff out. I want my Accord lettering, V6 lettering and back Honda badges to all be black. Meh, the application wasn't as smooth as you'd think (yes I shook the can for one minute and stood the required distance). The experience wasn't too bad though as removal was very simple. I may retry this weekend, and if I fail again I may seek out professional assistance.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
coincidentally I purchased some Plasti Dip this morning as I wanted to test the stuff out. I want my Accord lettering, V6 lettering and back Honda badges to all be black. Meh, the application wasn't as smooth as you'd think (yes I shook the can for one minute and stood the required distance). The experience wasn't too bad though as removal was very simple. I may retry this weekend, and if I fail again I may seek out professional assistance.
If it's any consolation (mine's a 7th but similar experience), mine looked TERRIBLE the first time I tried too - turned out third time was the charm !! Now they look painted and smooth, instead of of "rhino liner" texture ... practice really does make perfect. I found 3 or 4 light coats, followed by a final thick(er) coat gave me exactly the finish I was looking for.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm curious I have an honda accord 2013 LX and I was curious with how plastidipping all the chrome on the car will look like I have a white car so how will it look? Also wheels. If anyones done it post pics?
You might not like to hear this, but plastidip or painted chrome is tacky and does nothing to enhance the look of an already attractive car. This fad can't die quick enough. I just don't get the idea of defacing a new car. And old junker,do what you will, but a beautiful Accord its just criminal. Then again you are paying for it, its the owners right to uglify if that is the look they want.:dunno:
'

·
Registered
227 Posts
If it's any consolidation, mine looked TERRIBLE the first time I tried to - turned out third time was the charm !!
tips? pointers?

You might not like to hear this, but plastidip or painted chrome is tacky and does nothing to enhance the look of an already attractive car. This fad can't die quick enough. I just don't get the idea of defacing a new car. And old junker,do what you will, but a beautiful Accord its just criminal. Then again you are paying for it, its the owners right to uglify if that is the look they want.:dunno:
'
to each it's own, I don't think I'd go for an outrageous color, just something to add a little personal flare. I think that's the luxury of having your own vehicle...it's yours to do as you see fit to it or to leave it stock.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
You might not like to hear this, but plastidip or painted chrome is tacky and does nothing to enhance the look of an already attractive car.
Sorry mate - I'll have to "agree to disagree" with that one, I think some colours of car yeah it does look tacky, but on a white Accord I think the blacked out chrome look is far better looking; regardless of dip, paint, or wrap.

tips? pointers?
For sure - first two passes/coats don't be worried about coverage at all, just throw down light coats, dusting almost, and let it dry between. Then go a bit slower on the third and fourth for that smooth texture.

Rattle the life out of the can before you start, stop and rattle every so often between sweeps, and after you do the in between rattles hold the can upside down and give a few sprays to keep the nozzle clear.

Keeping a consistant distance, and timing to your sweeping - in combination with the rattles and keeping the nozzle clear will help you IN SPADES ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
ST,
Look for my threads and you can see my blue with all the chrome plasti-dipped. Don't want to feed the haters anymore than I have to. One thing I highly recommend is to black out the shiny stuff around the windows. It give the car a completely different look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts