Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m searching for my next new car and I’ve been enjoying a number of test rides and doing extensive research.

The Honda Accord hybrid EXL is the top contender. I am drawn to the platinum white pearl for exterior color. It really glows and sparkles and is as beautiful of a white on a car as I’ve ever seen.

I also strongly prefer the ivory interior which is available in that trim only with the white and the red.

I also like the red and considered that but in some light it almost looks orange. I also like the silver and dark gray but they both come with a black interior which I am less a fan of.

Do any of you have a platinum white pearl and are able to share what it has been like to maintain and take care of it over a period of time? Is it tougher to keep clean and keep looking good? I have not owned a white car during my adult life.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Search for "paint peeling" under 10th gen in this forum. Seems to be a bigger concern for one certain color. Suspicions seems to have been narrowed down to one certain assembly plant.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is white the color where paint peeling has become an issue?

I also plan to lease and likely keep it just three years.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The White Orchid Pearl color has been known for issues with peeling paint for years- and it's a problem that happens on other Hondas that have that color. My 2016 Accord- which was the previous generation- was that color and the paint was cracking in two spots around the rear window and in one spot on the back edge of the hood that faces the windshield when it was totaled in an accident. The car had roughly 30,000 miles on it.

If you are leasing the car, then just be sure that you turn it in before the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty expires. That way if they try to charge you for paint issues you can tell them to cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it if it’s going to be leased, unless you think there’s a chance you’ll keep it.

For what it’s worth, I had a white diamond pearl Accord in 2011, and it didn’t really have any issues up to the moment I traded it. But I got it in 2013, only kept it for a bit over an year until I traded in 14. So it was still pretty new. I believe the white the 10th g is called a different name too.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it if it’s going to be leased, unless you think there’s a chance you’ll keep it.

For what it’s worth, I had a white diamond pearl Accord in 2011, and it didn’t really have any issues up to the moment I traded it. But I got it in 2013, only kept it for a bit over an year until I traded in 14. So it was still pretty new. I believe the white the 10th g is called a different name too.
Honda offered White Orchid Pearl on the 10th Generation Hybrid in 2018 + 2019. The white they use on the 10th Generation non-hybrid Accords is Platinum White Pearl. For 2020 & 2021, all Accords offer Platinum White. White Orchid Pearl is no longer available.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Honda offers Diamond White Pearl on the 10th Generation Hybrid. The white they use on the 10th Generation non-hybrid Accords is Platinum White Pearl.
Interesting! I didn’t know that. I was under the impression that they’re the same. Thanks for the correction!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes thanks for catching that! In the present generation it is called platinum white pearl.
Is that the very same paint by a different name, or perhaps a different paint color?

What kind of experiences have other owners had with platinum white pearl? I would change the title of this thread if I could! My apologies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Platinum White Pearl on my 2019 Touring is spectacular. I fell in love with it due to the sparkle. It isnt as bad to mantain as I originally thought. The Grey Sonic Pearl is also pretty and has some sparkle to it. The white looks cleaner to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m on the Honda website right now where you can build and price various vehicles.

For both the hybrid and the traditional internal combustion engine, for 2021 there’s just one white that is offered: Platinum white pearl.

I just changed the thread title to the correct name for the color white for all accords for 2021.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a platinum white and it's pretty easy to clean and stays clean for a while. Only gripe is the trunk area (license plate, bumper etc) gets dirty the moment you drive it. After washing the car, I finish it with 3D final touch. The paint ends up feeling slick and also brings out the shine.

PXL_20210116_003909216.PORTRAIT_4.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a platinum white and it's pretty easy to clean and stays clean for a while. Only gripe is the trunk area (license plate, bumper etc) gets dirty the moment you drive it. After washing the car, I finish it with 3D final touch. The paint ends up feeling slick and also brings out the shine.
100%!!! The car remians clean but the trunk lid builds up dirt like no other. 💯

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes thanks for catching that! In the present generation it is called platinum white pearl.
Is that the very same paint by a different name, or perhaps a different paint color?

What kind of experiences have other owners had with platinum white pearl? I would change the title of this thread if I could! My apologies.
Platinum White and White Orchid are different shades of white. It's hard to tell the difference unless you see them side-by-side.

Again- both are offered on the 10th Generation Accord- one for the hybrid in 2018 and 2019, and the other for the conventional engines. For 2020 and 2021, only Platinum White is available.

On my 2019 Accord (which is the Platinum White), I have noticed some cracking where the rear spoiler is attached. The rear spoiler on my Accord doesn't sit completely flush on one side- and on the side that isn't flush, if you look very closely- you can spot where some of the paint has torn off the body and stuck on the underside of the spoiler. You have to look extremely close to find it- and it hasn't gotten worse since I first spotted it back in summer. Other than that, it has held up well.

100%!!! The car remians clean but the trunk lid builds up dirt like no other. 💯
Yes. The trunk lid- near the license plate- never gets clean in a car wash. I always have to do it manually before I get a car wash.

Reactions: mojo122

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carl am I missing something on the Honda website? Looks like 1 white for all Accords this year.

·
Registered
60 Posts

View attachment 527998
What rims are those they look amazing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Carl am I missing something on the Honda website? Looks like 1 white for all Accords this year.
Yes, 2020 and 2021 Accords all use the Platinum White. For 2018-2019 Accords, there was one white for the 1.5t and 2.0t (Platinum White) and a different one for the hybrid (White Orchid Pearl).

Reactions: bighonda14

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice rims!

Hey does anyone else have experiences caring for or any issues with Platinum White Pearl?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Carbon on the rear bumper around the exhaust ports is visible after spirited driving. Has not been an issue washing off. White cars show a lot less micro scratching from washing so that is a plus for light color/white vehicles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No issues here with Platinum White Pearl. Doesn’t show the dirt/water spots like many other colours, although I wholeheartedly agree with other comments about building up exhaust soot on the rear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts