Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just that one area that is affected. Paint is chipped, but no dents. Any theories? My guess is hit n run:dunno:.

How does something like this get fixed? My coupe's body had almost no blemishes before this happened. Please, any advice is appreciated.:notworthy

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
851 Posts
well thats what happens in philly =( happened to my 09 mazda 6 =( hit and run!
you should get the bumper guards =D i see those in Jersey city all the time...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Na if theira no dents. It needs to be sannded down bondo and painted for about 300 bucks

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would a body kit cover this up, or is the damage too high up? And yeah I thought about puttiing a bumper guard on, but i kept putting it off, and now...

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Na if theira no dents. It needs to be sannded down bondo and painted for about 300 bucks
who do i consult for a proper paint job? Does the entire bumper need to be repainted?

·
Registered
873 Posts
When I got rear ended, it cost about $900 to replace the bumper and paint it.
Good thing was that the other side's insurance had to pay for it.

·
2010 EX-L v6 sedan
8 Posts
I had a pretty similar accident on my previous car (mazda 6) and it was a hit and run!! for crying out loud

I ended up going to a cheap garage and it only screwed me over because the shade of black they used was different. If youre going to get to repainted i suggest you dont go to a 300$ place like i did. I paid 300 bucks and regreted it

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
If the damage is limited to cracked paint and the cover is sound, you can probably have it repaired and repainted for 300-350.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had a pretty similar accident on my previous car (mazda 6) and it was a hit and run!! for crying out loud

I ended up going to a cheap garage and it only screwed me over because the shade of black they used was different. If youre going to get to repainted i suggest you dont go to a 300$ place like i did. I paid 300 bucks and regreted it
You get what you pay for. To the OP, you clearly love you car (otherwise you wouldn't be here). Don't settle for subpar work. Be grateful they didn't hit something more expensive (like metal panels).

·
Registered
40 Posts
did they leave a note ? if not, I freaking hate people like that. I remember when I was about 18, I tapped a car in a parking lot, just scuffed it, wasnt a nice either, I waited for about 30 min. no one showed, so I left a note, they never called.

as far as fixing your damage, I wish ya the best

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh that really ****s...It would ruin my month if this happened to my car. I agree with the others though, should be able to just repaint your bumper. Definitely go to a GOOD shop!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
When I had a small parking damage from a neighbor my body shop was able to repair the affected area for around $250 and you can't even tell where it was damaged. So that is my estimate for you.

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update! Sorry about the bad night pics, new ones up.

Man WTF hit u?!?! It's all neOn green / yellow.
^ that was what I was thinking!!!
Yeah I think it's the flash on my phone that gives it a weird color. I'm putting up new pictures taken in the day.

When I had a small parking damage from a neighbor my body shop was able to repair the affected area for around $250 and you can't even tell where it was damaged. So that is my estimate for you.
Thanks you guys for your input, I feel somewhat better about this. Is your damage similar to this?

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
That bumper is no virgin. It has been painted before and whoever did it didn't use the proper flex additive. It can be stripped and repainted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts