Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am fairly new to this but I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. I have tried to find anything on this but everything didn't seem to work for me.. Anyway I have a 2000 Honda Accord EXL V6 Vtec engine, 4 speed automatic transmission and my engine light is on. The code it gives me is P0135, which is supposingly the front O2 sensor, I replaced it with a new Denso sensor which I got for $124, and supposingly that's the best pick. So the engine light is still on and it comes back on in around 3-5 seconds after i start the engine. Checked all the fuses, they seemed just fine, wiring looks pretty good too. If anyone knows anything else I could do to figure out the problem, please tell me what it is. Thanks in advance! :dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
P0135 is a problem with the heater circuit on sensor 1. You will need to check the voltage at the connector to see if its getting power there. Sorry I dont have the V6 schematics to assist with that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have already tested the circuit just yesterday... Heated circuit is good, ground is good. Everything works basically.. Tested the O2 sensor, the old one isn't working, waiting to test the new one maybe i bought a broken one, i don't really know.. Is there anything else I could do? I am literally going to go crazy with this stupid engine light! Please help! :dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I suppose you could swap the front and back sensors (bank 1 and 2) to see if the problem follows the new sensor or not.
I presume you reset the ECM (cleared codes) after installing the new sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have tested the new sensor, and it is fine also... And yes I did clear the codes right after I installed the new sensor, and engine light comes back on in around 3-5 seconds after engine start up.. Anything else I could do???
I can't drive my car because I need to pass e-test and I am stuck at home :(

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just to be clear, do you know its the same P0135 code thats turning on the MIL light or could it be something else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I do know that. But yeah I fixed my problem!!! So basically there was some corrosion on the car connector, because I noticed on my old O2 sensor there was bad corrosion so yeah!! :) Scraped each wire's connections with a simple little pin, connected the new O2 sensor and bye bye engine light! :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Glad to hear you found the problem. Sometimes it just takes persistence :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thanks!! :) it just annoying sometimes when you think that the cause of the problem is something major, like I was going to replace the ECU already.. but then you realize that it was such a simple little thing :thmsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haved the same problem with my car and the problems was the plug between the 02 sensor and the wiring harness there was nor current going through text the two black wire after connecting the plug gooluck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts