Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Viper 5301 and Canmax400 in my 2003 Accord. I followed the directions provided by member 03LXV6 to a T, but cant get the RS to start the car. I programmed it for Auto Trans and programmed the Canmax with one of my keys. If I try to remote start the car with the Key in the ignition and in the on position it will start but it will try to start again while the engine is still on causing a bad grinding noise. I am usinf the D2D cable between the RS and the Canmax400.

Do I need to hook up a GWR wire?

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
4,311 Posts
I think there is an issue with your firmware.

You said the car won't start when the key is not next to the ignition that means the immobilizer is not being bypassed. Also since you are using D2D the CANMAX is supposed to sense the tach signal and stop cranking.

Because the D2D is not working, all the features that go through D2D are not functioning. That's the reason your door locks are also not working. Assuming you have the correct firmware, try to reset the Canmax or at least go back to the shop and ask them to reprogram the firmware.

Just throwing some ideas out there for you. Make sure the 5301 jumpers are set to D2D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts