Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so my 2006 3.0 6 speed has been having trouble with 3rd gear... so i decided i was going to drain the transmission and fill it up with gm syncromesh.. instead of taking off what i thought was the level check bolt i took of a bolt above it that was hollow made of aluminum which was a little bigger than the check bolt and had a spring in it.. as i went to put it back in the head snapped off.... Can anyone tell me what it is????? can seem to find anything on the internet anywhere...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Ever hear the expression "measure twice, cut once"? You should not remove bolts if you aren't sure what they're for. Anyway, a simple Google search turned this up. Part # 24519-PB6-000. Be advised, the MT has a lot of these bolts. 6 to be exact. The bolt you should have removed is a female I believe Part #90081-PWT-000. At least it is on the AT. As I have no idea as to whether you've done damage, I advise you to wait for more info. And please, if you value your car, don't remove anything else.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
that's not good! I wasn't aware the fill plug had a spring on it??

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a picture of the screw and spring, other than in a FSM or on Alldata. Bernardi's has a picture of the tranny and the carious screws, but that's it.

Save the OP the trouble, although I think he's gone. Nobody in their right mind would do that.

19 is the drain bolt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Ya I definitely messed up good.. called the dealer he knew what part i was talking about. Does the spring put tension on the gear? What exactly does it do? What are the chances the ball fell back into the transmission? Thanks for the help

It is a manual transmission fyi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts