Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My 2010 Honda Accord recently hit 125K.
I am planning to do following maintenance. Please recommend additional maintenance recommendation.

Transmission fluid change
Coolant flush
Powersterring fluid change
Brake pad ( Akebonos ) Rotors (Centric Plain )
Brake fluid change
PCV valve change
EVAP canister vent valve change
Spark Plug
Driver Belt

Thank you in advance

·
8th Gen Believer
4,414 Posts
I'd also check engine & trans mounts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just follow the maintenance minder. I have 245,000 on an '08 accord EX with no problems.
Same. I'm new to the Honda club having just bought a used 2008 Accord LX-P Automatic 4-cylinder (175k miles), but I just go with the MM flow.
I used to be one of those guys who did over-the-top preventative maintenance, changing and cleaning parts that weren't scheduled for changing/cleaning. That was until my preventative maintenance sometimes caused more problems than they rectified. Now, I just follow the manuals/guidelines and fix whatever falls through the cracks as needed. I'm a simple man like that.

·
Polished Metal Metallica
1,175 Posts
How long have you had the car? If it's a new purchase, I understand doing a bunch of preventative maintenance to get it into a known state. However, if you've had the car all along, I'd just keep following the maintenance minder and keep an eye on stuff before it breaks (or as it is breaking). I guess there are other questions I would need answered before I could give you better advice - are you burning oil? Getting a grinding noise on startup? What does the suspension look like - any play in the components or rust damage?

My 2012 Accord has 151,000 (I've owned it since 42k), and I've just followed the maintenance minder for the almost five years I've owned it. The only repairs (2 coil packs, lower ball joints, sway bar end links) were easily spotted and fixed before they became a major problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long have you had the car? If it's a new purchase, I understand doing a bunch of preventative maintenance to get it into a known state. However, if you've had the car all along, I'd just keep following the maintenance minder and keep an eye on stuff before it breaks (or as it is breaking). I guess there are other questions I would need answered before I could give you better advice - are you burning oil? Getting a grinding noise on startup? What does the suspension look like - any play in the components or rust damage?

My 2012 Accord has 151,000 (I've owned it since 42k), and I've just followed the maintenance minder for the almost five years I've owned it. The only repairs (2 coil packs, lower ball joints, sway bar end links) were easily spotted and fixed before they became a major problem.
I recently bought the car from previous owner. It was at 115K when I bought it. Now it is on 125K. I do not have much idea of what work has the previous owner did in the car. Oil are not burning, no grinding noise on startup but when I shift the gear from P to R I get a one movement sound, and there is some kind of sqeueking sound for a while.

Thank you for your advise.

Thank you everyone for your advise and suggestions. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts