Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I wanted to ask if there are any suggestions for a polisher? It will be the first time I'll be using one but hey, "Longest journey begins with one step."

I'll be going thru the forum making note of comments on them but any suggestions will assist me in speeding up the progress. I've decided to use Blackfire products but I'm open to product suggestions, usage and techniques.

1. Wash (BF Shampoo w/Dawn)
2. Clay Bar (Meguiar's)
3. Polish (BF Total Polish and Seal or Gloss Enhancing Polish)
4. Seal (BF Crystal Sealant)
5. Wax (BF Carnuba or Hybrid Montan)
6. Touch Up Maintenance (BF Waterless or Rinseless Wash with Midnight Sun Detailer)

Any info on pads will help also. I have a 2013, Accord Sport, Basque Red in color purchased in late July. Have only washed it weekly w/Meguiar's Ultimate Wash/Wax. I've seen some tips on using polishers on YouTube but as stated, I will welcome any and all info. Thanx in advance for any and all advice!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the speeds needed on the Griot Garage 6" Orbital (I purchased this one) to:

POLISH (FINISHING):

POLISH (COMPOUND):

SEALANT:

WAX:

BUFF OUT (BLACK/RED PAD):

I ASK BECAUSE THERE IS INFO ON WELL ESTABLISHED POLISHERS/BUFFERS ON DIFFERENT FORUMS AND NOT THE GC 6" AND 3" UNLESS ITS BASED ON THE PADS. IF THERE IS A LINK THAT WOULD HELP. THANKS!!

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
watch the griot dvd that came with the polisher it will tell the speedes I do not remember off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I sent you some information in response to your PM. Look for this one:

http://www.autogeek.net/griots-random-orbital-polisher.html

Spend the money for the heavy duty extended cord but do shop around for the best deal.
What are the speeds needed on the Griot Garage 6" Orbital (I purchased this one) to:

POLISH (FINISHING):

POLISH (COMPOUND):

SEALANT:

WAX:

I ASK BECAUSE THERE IS INFO ON WELL ESTABLISHED POLISHERS/BUFFERS ON DIFFERENT FORUMS AND NOT THE GC 6" AND 3" UNLESS ITS BASED ON THE PADS. IF THERE IS A LINK THAT WOULD HELP. THANKS!!

This is the one I've decided to go with. Based on the AutoGeek description it's a very good one for beginners. Amazon offered me a special deal and the price with free shipping is $91.18.

http://www.autogeek.net/po.html

BTW, the Black Fire products are excellent. I've been using them on my Accord and the results are outstanding. I'm pretty sure they will be even better with the addition of a polisher.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,162 Posts

POLISH (FINISHING):

POLISH (COMPOUND):

SEALANT:

WAX:

Compounding: 5-6
Polishing: 4-5
Wax/Sealant: 3 (I prefer applying them by hand with a foam pad)

Buffing: microfiber towel. Black and red pads aren't for buffing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amazingly enough, I didn't receive any dvd in the box. I thought it was unusual that the only thing in it was the polisher and a 8 page brochure explaining about the polisher and various Griot products but nothing on warranty info, usage settings nor a dvd. I ordered it as the kit from Autogeek.

Sorry, I meant to add microfiber pad for buffing. Thanks for the Black/Red info.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I would only use the DA orbital for polishing steps, any sealing/wax just apply by hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts