Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nope. I like the clean lines without the body side molding. :) Anyway, if someone is going to hit your door chances are they will not hit the molding - spend the cost of the molding + install on a PDR guy. :)

·
Search.
1,239 Posts
I have so many dents that I wish I had got them on my car. Stupid college kids keep leaving marks on my car on campus.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
I got one dent in the BSM on my car already, if I get a couple more they would have already paid for themself in savings from having to get PDR. If you ever get a dent that chips paint in the BSM, they would have paid for themself already.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Well it's either a dent in the BSM or your door, seems like the same to me, I guess you can always remove them and throw them out after they get dinged up so much?

·
1,639 Posts
Well it's either a dent in the BSM or your door, seems like the same to me, I guess you can always remove them and throw them out after they get dinged up so much?
That's how I look at it, after a 100k or so when they have many dents I will just pull the trashed ones off and put the new ones on. I'm a lot more confortable putting on new BSM as to having my door sanded down and repainted. Seems like every time I've had body work done in my life their is over spray or lemon peel in the clear coat or some blemish that drives me nuts but I'm OCD about fit and finish details.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Seems like every time I've had body work done in my life their is over spray or lemon peel in the clear coat or some blemish that drives me nuts but I'm OCD about fit and finish details.
Is that better or worse than the "orange" peel as it is commonly known? :)

(sorry, couldn't help it!) :wave:

The BSM is a good idea even though I don't have them on my car. It did save my Integra years ago when the huge door of a coworker's early 80' Delta 88 2-door Coupe got blown into my door on a super windy day. The BSM took the brunt of the impact with no damage to the door, the BSM on the Integra has internal metal support and is clipped into the door panel rather than glued on, so I was able to pop the door panel, unclip the BSM and make sufficiently good repair that the dent was almost invisible from a couple of feet away.

What I didn't get was why did this coworker park right beside my car when I had parked at the far end of the parking lot with many, many available spots?! At least he had the curtesy to come and told me about it.

·
1,639 Posts
Is that better or worse than the "orange" peel as it is commonly known? :)

(sorry, couldn't help it!) :wave:

The BSM is a good idea even though I don't have them on my car. It did save my Integra years ago when the huge door of a coworker's early 80' Delta 88 2-door Coupe got blown into my door on a super windy day. The BSM took the brunt of the impact with no damage to the door, the BSM on the Integra has internal metal support and is clipped into the door panel rather than glued on, so I was able to pop the door panel, unclip the BSM and make sufficiently good repair that the dent was almost invisible from a couple of feet away.

What I didn't get was why did this coworker park right beside my car when I had parked at the far end of the parking lot with many, many available spots?! At least he had the curtesy to come and told me about it.
LOL I meant to say orange peel, but I was drinking lemonade while I posted that, must have been a freudian slip.

·
MSM SPORT
262 Posts
LOL I meant to say orange peel, but I was drinking lemonade while I posted that, must have been a freudian slip.

That's pretty funny. I can see how that could have happened:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got one dent in the BSM on my car already, if I get a couple more they would have already paid for themself in savings from having to get PDR. If you ever get a dent that chips paint in the BSM, they would have paid for themself already.
That doesn't sound too fun. :( I've gotten lucky thus far and only had one door ding on my door that I got removed for $50 via a PDR guy. I'm super OCD about parking, door dings, etc etc. which makes it kinda hard not to have the BSM. At the same time, I really like the clean lines without it. :paranoid:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put them on mine!

·
3rd Accord
65 Posts
BSMoldings

To me they are a must. They have saved both of my front doors from bad DINGS; DAMN dingdong fools... :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Put them on and you will not be sorry. I put mine on and had a few dents on the moldings already after about a year. Plus the one made for the 8th generation flows pretty well, at least for CPB.

-Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had them installed on my 2010 sedan. So far, there has been one save. It took a little chunk out of the molding and some paint transfer on the door which polished out.

I'm still not crazy about the look of them. It breaks up the lines and gives it more of a boxy BMW look. I guess it was a good idea though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive been pretty lucky with the door ding thing. My BSMs are unmarked after 11K on the odometer. With the exception of a few on this forum, everyone who has offered an opinion has really liked what they do to the lines of the car.

- T

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
This is one thing I feel very strongly about. I wish every day that I had gotten the body side molding on my car. I have so many little dings and dents up and down my car from inconsiderate people with vehicles too big for their own good. My Mom just got the side molding on her new Acura and it has already saved it once. I know it messes up the lines of the car, but I'd rather have the plastic molding with a dingless (or close to dingless) body. The only downside is it doesn't completely protect the whole side of the car lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts