Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the parts needed to install the rain sensing feature for the wipers from the Touring on to the EX-L? I read it makes the windshield more expensive to replace, does that mean it requires a different windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Yes, it is more expensive as typically the sensor is located right above the rear view mirror.
If it's at all possible to do it...I think you're going to find the cost will far exceed your need.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As someone that just drove through a heavy and non stop pour - I will add to vote that the sensing wipers on the Accord are not worth much. I had them on my Jeep and they were amazingly reliable. I wouldn't recommend anyone putting these on - especially if it's costly.

·
2018 Accord Hybrid EX-L
135 Posts
Can’t be done, and even if you somehow figured out a way it’s not even remotely worth it. At a minimum you’d need to install a new windshield, new sensors in the sensor box area, wiring if the current wiring harnesses don’t have the appropriate connectors, new windshield wiper stalk which involves removing the whole steering wheel, and somehow update the CPU, even though the one for the EX-L doesn’t contain the functionality for auto wipers. You’d be better off just trading it in for a Touring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts