Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3rd Gear Roll
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a friend that takes his car to the dealer to do everything. The guy told him that he needed a new "cv axel". I've ridden with him and the car kinda shudders under acceleration, but is fine when he lets off the gas... any ideas as to what the problem might be? Or is the best bet to just get it replaced?

·
Registered
840 Posts
That is a sure symptom of a bad CV axle

Sometimes there are no visible signs that is bad. The drivers side seems to be the common side to go first, from what I've read. I replaced it on my 06 6-6 because of the exact same issue - vibration only under load

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Chiming in: I have noticed some people complaining about "after-market", non-Honda axles causing problems after 6 months. Others have had no trouble with non-Honda axles.

Thoughts, anyone?

As for the noise, mc is correct in that the noise/vibration will appear under load/acceleration. Noise/vibration goes away immediately as soon as you take your foot off of the gas pedal.

Small possibility: Check the motor mounts too. 95% sure it is the axle(s), but good idea to check the mounts too.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
I went with the chinese A1 Cardone New manufacture axles and the side to side shimmy went away.

And about 10k miles later, it returned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts