Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am very new to the forum. I am sure this has been asked, and I did do some reading on threads, but couldn't find something exact.
I am wanting the touring trim line because of the features (wow that sound system sucks though!!!), but I do not want the 19" rims, especially with being in NJ with tons of pot holes etc. I have not driven an ex-l with the 17", but I am assuming it will have a smoother and quieter ride.

Now, my dilemma is that I am very OCD and I do not want my speedometer to be altered by changing these tires. Is there a way to avoid that or a way to re-program the computer system? In order for me to make this deal, I want my rims swapped as part of a we-owe and to make sure the speedometer is dead on. I am coming from a 2018 Maxima Platinum and I have 18" on there. I do not believe they are low profiles and that ride is nice. So either 17" or 18" would be fine in my book as long as they aren't low-profiles. I wish the accord had the surround view camera, I am going to miss that for sure. And the Bose D: lmao. I am going to get a quote on a 2021 Maxima, but I feel it is not going to work out plus I had tons of issues with my 18 and do not think I want another one. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2020 EX-L 2.0T 10AT
148 Posts
The main reason I bought the Ex-L was for the 17's, same situation here in northern Ohio.
Don't know if speedometer is programable but it's a good question. I'd contact Honda customer support and see what they have to say.
I think the sound system is fine once you get it dialed in.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason I bought the Ex-L was for the 17's, same situation here in northern Ohio.
Don't know if speedometer is programable but it's a good question. I'd contact Honda customer support and see what they have to say.
I think the sound system is fine once you get it dialed in.
Good luck.
I want the ventilated seats is what my issue is hahaha. I will have to contact Honda and see if they can do that or not. I know it can be done on Jeeps. (i work at a jeep dealer) but I am unsure about the Hondas either. Coming from the 11 speaker bose audio pilot with surround sound this is sadly no other way to put it other than straight garbage in comparison :( It upsets me because I LOVE music.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Yeah, if you really like music and can’t settle at all on that, then check out the Maxima. Though personally it does have a CVT, which is no go for me especially with its engine output.

The Accord’s stereo has been the way it is. The 10G has perhaps the best Accord stereo so far. It works well for me. It has worked for me also in the past because I know what to expect and long term reliability, Honda’s styling (although I could not get over the rear styling of 10G at first lol), fuel efficiency, features/value for the total package are all important to me in a car.

If you want to give Honda another shot and still don’t want to give up stereo, check out the new TLX with the ELS Studio stereo. The ELS system is generally considered among the best stock stereo there until you “really” go up the ladder in your car choice (ie... over 50k).

Reactions: Mikey319

·
Registered
354 Posts
I want the ventilated seats is what my issue is hahaha. I will have to contact Honda and see if they can do that or not. I know it can be done on Jeeps. (i work at a jeep dealer) but I am unsure about the Hondas either. Coming from the 11 speaker bose audio pilot with surround sound this is sadly no other way to put it other than straight garbage in comparison :( It upsets me because I LOVE music.
Definitely ask, crazier swaps have been done at the dealership:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Agreed that Honda's audio systems are garbage, but Bose is muddy crap. If you're a fan of great audio, Bose should make you very sad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, if you really like music and can’t settle at all on that, then check out the Maxima. Though personally it does have a CVT, which is no go for me especially with its engine output.

The Accord’s stereo has been the way it is. The 10G has perhaps the best Accord stereo so far. It works well for me. It has worked for me also in the past because I know what to expect and long term reliability, Honda’s styling (although I could not get over the rear styling of 10G at first lol), fuel efficiency, features/value for the total package are all important to me in a car.

If you want to give Honda another shot and still don’t want to give up stereo, check out the new TLX with the ELS Studio stereo. The ELS system is generally considered among the best stock stereo there until you “really” go up the ladder in your car choice (ie... over 50k).
Well my current lease is a 2018 Maxima Platinum so I already have one haha. I enjoy the Bose Audio Pilot with the surround sound in my car. Is it the best system out there? No, but it is definitely 1000 times better than the one in the accord. I noticed it immediately within the first 5 seconds of playing a song how drastically different it sounds. My Maxima has many issues which is why I kind of want to stray away from Nissan. I had a great deal on that car. First payment DAS Sign and drive. 15k miles a year with full warranty $420.94. The accord quote I have right now is my maxima as a trade and $1,800 OOP at 390 a month. It can be better and I would negotiate more, but I am trying to as you mentioned also get the Acura. I have that down to the lowest at 504/month. I did just get a quote from a dealer that emailed me a selling price of 42,196 on the SH-AWD Advance ($49,825 MSRP), so I am going to see if the dealers near me will match/beat that. With that said, if they do that, I can hopefully have the TLX around 445-450 a month with about $2,200 total OOP. I feel that is worth it. I get everything I want feature wise (surround view camera which is what I have already on the maxima) and the 17 speaker ELS Studio 😍🤤. If it doesn't work out, I do think the accord will be my fall back car. I don't hate the accord, but I would of course take the Acura over it any day. If I do get the accord one of the first things I would do is get the V4 tail lights on it, get it tinted, and ceramic coated.

Definitely ask, crazier swaps have been done at the dealership:
That is something I would pull hahaha. I personally like the beige (ivory) interior. If I liked the Sonic Gray pearl more than the white (I like white better) I would have had them swap the interior to beige on the sonic since it only is offered with the black interior haha.

Agreed that Honda's audio systems are garbage, but Bose is muddy crap. If you're a fan of great audio, Bose should make you very sad.
idk about that. I have been very happy with my Bose Audio Pilot Surround System in the maxima. It is very clear and crisp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for everyone's responses! As of right now, and I don't even know how, but I have pretty much secured the TLX Advance SH-AWD! I am getting a crazy insane deal on it and I would be stupid to pass it up.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Well my current lease is a 2018 Maxima Platinum so I already have one haha. I enjoy the Bose Audio Pilot with the surround sound in my car. Is it the best system out there? No, but it is definitely 1000 times better than the one in the accord. I noticed it immediately within the first 5 seconds of playing a song how drastically different it sounds. My Maxima has many issues which is why I kind of want to stray away from Nissan. I had a great deal on that car. First payment DAS Sign and drive. 15k miles a year with full warranty $420.94. The accord quote I have right now is my maxima as a trade and $1,800 OOP at 390 a month. It can be better and I would negotiate more, but I am trying to as you mentioned also get the Acura. I have that down to the lowest at 504/month. I did just get a quote from a dealer that emailed me a selling price of 42,196 on the SH-AWD Advance ($49,825 MSRP), so I am going to see if the dealers near me will match/beat that. With that said, if they do that, I can hopefully have the TLX around 445-450 a month with about $2,200 total OOP. I feel that is worth it. I get everything I want feature wise (surround view camera which is what I have already on the maxima) and the 17 speaker ELS Studio 😍🤤. If it doesn't work out, I do think the accord will be my fall back car. I don't hate the accord, but I would of course take the Acura over it any day. If I do get the accord one of the first things I would do is get the V4 tail lights on it, get it tinted, and ceramic coated.
wow, 7k off of MSRP on an Advance!!! I guess 1) they are not selling that well, and/or 2) you have an amazing negotiating skills! When I was “casually” looking at it, the deals people were getting at the time were like 1-2k off on the car, the FWD base, which was pretty much the basic version with few options. Everything else was close to MSRP. That, the smaller backseat and the fact it’s a first year model (I generally don’t buy first year models to avoid bugs, even though it might be a bit irrational) made me reconsider. Anyways, I’m happy with my Accord. But if you’ve gotten 7k off of MSRP on an Advance, have test driven and liked the car, definitely go for it! It sounds like a great deal!! 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, 7k off of MSRP on an Advance!!! I guess 1) they are not selling that well, and/or 2) you have an amazing negotiating skills! When I was “casually” looking at it, the deals people were getting at the time were like 1-2k off on the car, the FWD base, which was pretty much the basic version with few options. Everything else was close to MSRP. That, the smaller backseat and the fact it’s a first year model (I generally don’t buy first year models to avoid bugs, even though it might be a bit irrational) made me reconsider. Anyways, I’m happy with my Accord. But if you’ve gotten 7k off of MSRP on an Advance, have test driven and liked the car, definitely go for it! It sounds like a great deal!! 👍
That's what it appears to be between dealer discounts and Acura incentives! As long as this is fully legit (I was assured many times it was) I will be getting it tomorrow! :D I am definitely going to need a tune to get it up to par with the maxima/accord. I don't care about the back seats, they can suffer HAHA. The only things I don't like is that it does not have rear USB like the Accord and Maxima has. And it doesn't have a powered steering wheel on a luxury 50k dollar car?? I test drove a base SH-AWD with the tech package and I liked it. I don't see why I wouldn't like the advance at this point. My lease is up and I need something asap, and the accord was 1,800 oop 390 a month. It was a no brainer to do the TLX. I am having them install the "welcome lights" and the rear diffuser. I am so excited!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Haha ok I see. From what I’ve seen, the reviews have mostly been very positive about the car, so it’s interesting to see such huge incentives early on. I was guessing in another thread that great incentives will come in 2 or 3 years. Looks like they’re here already LOL. As far as the rear seat USB. You should be able to add it to your car. I did it for my Accord for $300 labor and parts. So you can definitely get it too, although it should really come with the car in the first place as you mentioned. If you already test drove the SHAWD and liked it, then right, there shouldn’t be much difference driving wise. The biggest difference is probably the ELS system, there will be more speakers vs tech, aside from the additional options. Congrats! Let us know how it goes, and if you do get it and don’t mind to share, post up some pics! 😋😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha ok I see. From what I’ve seen, the reviews have mostly been very positive about the car, so it’s interesting to see such huge incentives early on. I was guessing in another thread that great incentives will come in 2 or 3 years. Looks like they’re here already LOL. As far as the rear seat USB. You should be able to add it to your car. I did it for my Accord for $300 labor and parts. So you can definitely get it too, although it should really come with the car in the first place as you mentioned. If you already test drove the SHAWD and liked it, then right, there shouldn’t be much difference driving wise. The biggest difference is probably the ELS system, there will be more speakers vs tech, aside from the additional options. Congrats! Let us know how it goes, and if you do get it and don’t mind to share, post up some pics! 😋😉
I am sadly having a few issues with it already :/. The engine (to me anyway) sounds weird. It started sounding weird about 100 miles into my trip home. The MPG absolutely sucks on mine for some reason. With very VERY reserved driving, about 75-80 mph it only got 24.8-25.0 mpg. It is rated at 29. The backup camera is working intermittently, A trim piece for the windshield is popping up. I want a new windshield put in I think. And I noticed when I got home quite a bit of oil around the dipstick and oil cap. It is a very nice and smooth riding car at least 🥴

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I am sadly having a few issues with it already :/. The engine (to me anyway) sounds weird. It started sounding weird about 100 miles into my trip home. The MPG absolutely sucks on mine for some reason. With very VERY reserved driving, about 75-80 mph it only got 24.8-25.0 mpg. It is rated at 29. The backup camera is working intermittently, A trim piece for the windshield is popping up. I want a new windshield put in I think. And I noticed when I got home quite a bit of oil around the dipstick and oil cap. It is a very nice and smooth riding car at least 🥴
Oh wow! Sorry to hear that! I guess even with Honda’s track record on reliability, bugs / poor fitment with the 1st year model runs are hard to avoid after all. I’d take it in to the dealer, they will fix any issues at no charge for sure. As far as MPG, my personal experience with Honda/Acura sedan is that the car generally yields the best mpg at a steady speed of 60-65 MPH on a flat road. It takes a slight dive above 65. Anything over 70 will take another noticeable drop. Doing this, I’ve usually had not had much trouble exceeding the EPA advertised MPG with my Honda’s, in some cases even easily surpassed it. Although at close to 4,000 lbs, it’s much heavier than the Accord in general. The new TLX might be a different animal in terms of attaining desired MPG, so you might want to search a bit more on the subject, perhaps from an Acura forum from owners with the same car. On the plus side, you do have a nice & smooth ride with a kickass stereo, all for a quite amazing deal! Congrats!🎉 and post some pics if you don’t mind to share! 😉

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.