Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Honda accord with a k24a4 engine is it possible to turbo it the way it is?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
anythings possible, depending on how deep your pockets are

if you haven't heavily invested into your current car, going from 4cyl to V6 would be more cost effective than trying to get higher HP gains from that motor

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i've blown up enough engines (currently at five, i think?) that i'm perfectly willing to let someone else learn the hard way and join in the misery
i don't see it as "misery" as much as a learning experience or better yet, remember all the fun you had before the bad

·
Registered
100 Posts
Serious question, are these K24 engines not meant to take any kind of boost? People throw turbos on the K20 engines all the time and I also have a miata which has aftermarket turbo kits made for it. A lot of people have turbo’d miatas as well.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,787 Posts
I have a 2005 Honda accord with a k24a4 engine is it possible to turbo it the way it is?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
In my 15 years here this is THE most asked question from newbies. The answer is yes providing you have unlimited funds, time, facilities, and the best mechanics. There will also be many tuning sessions required.

What will your $5,000 car be worth after spending another $5 to $7K on it? Hopefully $4500 because no one will take the risk of buying it. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think that if you don't know for sure than, don't make up tails! My 7gen k24a8 is boosted with 3" exhaust, 2 .5" intercooler, I built the sidewinder manifold, and I can tune on the fly with my k-tuner ECU. Did I mention that it's an automatic? I'll handle any v6 from any speed. So I say do it! Hoever, you should upgrade your coilovers, brakes, and tires. People blow motors because they either want to, or don't understand how to build the engine and what it can handle. I run 7 psi all day long. She runs mid 11s, but will hit low 10s when I swap the RAA to the RBB-2 I'm rebuilding. Last you'll need the k-tuner end user in-ecu kit. An i-4 can produce more raw power than any v6 or v8. You just need to do your homework and understand when to shift! Good luck!

7th gen boosted i-4 automatic with k-tuner.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ever since I bought my ‘05 LX with a 5 speed m/t I’ve noticed how a lot of people like to disregard others trying to make good gains out of a good engine. It gets great gas mileage; lasts me two weeks between fuel ups (my ‘04 CR-V got me a week at best because the tank is tiny) and even though it is everything an American sedan is, it goes around corners like a champ. I will say that people who want to mod the hell out of one should only do so if they know how much it will cost, but it’s not impossible to get 300 hp gains while cutting weight if one puts enough time and bucks into theirs. I’ve seen a lot more of them on the streets as the ricer culture has hit it and the CR-V, with people blacking out the lights and slapping on 20” rims. What do the more hardened Accord owners think about all this?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ever since I bought my ‘05 LX with a 5 speed m/t I’ve noticed how a lot of people like to disregard others trying to make good gains out of a good engine. It gets great gas mileage; lasts me two weeks between fuel ups (my ‘04 CR-V got me a week at best because the tank is tiny) and even though it is everything an American sedan is, it goes around corners like a champ. I will say that people who want to mod the hell out of one should only do so if they know how much it will cost, but it’s not impossible to get 300 hp gains while cutting weight if one puts enough time and bucks into theirs. I’ve seen a lot more of them on the streets as the ricer culture has hit it and the CR-V, with people blacking out the lights and slapping on 20” rims. What do the more hardened Accord owners think about all this?
sounds like you live in the same type of neighborhood as me. Cheap car, cheap owners, cheap mods. It is just the cycle of every model's life. Maybe someday all the stock 7th gens will be so rare they will be collectible. Stay true!

I think that if you don't know for sure than, don't make up tails! My 7gen k24a8 is boosted with 3" exhaust, 2 .5" intercooler, I built the sidewinder manifold, and I can tune on the fly with my k-tuner ECU. Did I mention that it's an automatic? I'll handle any v6 from any speed. So I say do it! Hoever, you should upgrade your coilovers, brakes, and tires. People blow motors because they either want to, or don't understand how to build the engine and what it can handle. I run 7 psi all day long. She runs mid 11s, but will hit low 10s when I swap the RAA to the RBB-2 I'm rebuilding. Last you'll need the k-tuner end user in-ecu kit. An i-4 can produce more raw power than any v6 or v8. You just need to do your homework and understand when to shift! Good luck!

7th gen boosted i-4 automatic with k-tuner.
that's really impressive dude. Unique comes at a cost. Some people would rather spend a lot of time and money to have a car thats unlike any other. I think that is the gap between people on this thread.

·
Honda Enthusiast
1,470 Posts
Gas mileage is meh. The only vehicle I have ever owned that I could get 35 mpg from was a D15B1 powered EF (ED) hatch. This K24 is between 18-24 in the city and about 33 mpg on a long highway trip.

What is so special about American sedans? The G8 and SS were the best and they weren't "American". I did like the early 00s Grand Am, but it wasn't exactly special or great. Further, I don't know what suspension modifications you have in your Accord, but my 2017 "Sport" understeers and body rolls like crazy. I am working on the suspension currently. I can get it around corners okay, but it's nothing like the Mini Cooper or even my experience with an EF hatchback. I just need to get an AWD Guilia...

You could get 300hp out of the K24 if you were so inclined, but unless you just have an emotional attachment to the car, why? There are so many better cars to modify, not to mention be cheaper to get power out of. A member of k20.org got over 500hp out of a K24A4, but I can guarantee that with it's stock internals running 21 PSI of boost, it's not reliable, but it shows you what is possible. For a good, more reliable setup, you need to swap the head out on the A4 for one with true VTEC.

An i-4 can produce more raw power than any v6 or v8.
😆 :ROFLMAO:😆:ROFLMAO:
This is just not true. Equal mods, a larger engine will make more power.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,638 Posts
Modding that engine has been tried. Do a search of the forum. As #Darkart said, you can mod the suspension and have a lot of fun with curves and sweepers. See the rig below, my 10-yr old Accord handles like Audi.

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
great gas mileage? maybe on the highway. mine struggles to get 20mpg city. plus, it doesn’t rev, doesn’t make power, leaks oil from everywhere (unless it burns it instead)...

also from the factory this thing has mediocre handling (with decent steering feel being its only saving grace) and terminal understeer. mine has buddy club coils and a cl-s rear bar and finally handles sort of okay even if it still doesn’t rotate as well as i’d like

·
Super Moderator
12,681 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Do you have a write-up on how to achieve a 300hp gain? Part numbers? Part costs? Dyno sheets? Any information and pictures you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.