Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
timeslips or gtfo.

eta: what turbo?
everything that is installed from the coilover s to the pancake plate are all maxpeedingrods. Not only was i trying to build an eBay boosted granny special, I was trying to stay with one brand. When I ran at Bandermere Speedway here in colorado, 5,280' above sealevel, I ran a t3 with external 38mm WG and a lot style manifold. Now I built a custom sidewinder and a new $100 t3 with internal WG. Should gain a bit more. I found a type-s RBB-2 on ebay for $350. Once that's rebuilt, I'm going to say that it's safe to say...mid to low 10s!

馃槅 :ROFLMAO:馃槅:ROFLMAO:
This is just not true. Equal mods, a larger engine will make more power.
pound for pound. Do the math! In line engines are able to hit higher rpm's with less. I'm not saying that v6 or v8 are not worthy, I'm simply stating facts. Pound for pound my stock accord is so much faster and responsive then my Grand cherokee. I've raced so many v8 vehicles that can barely edge me out. Why do think motorcycles are so fast?

that's really impressive dude. Unique comes at a cost. Some people would rather spend a lot of time and money to have a car thats unlike any other. I think that is the gap between people on this thread.
Absolutely, I was given this accord and wanted to have fun with it. It's easy to purchase a race car, especially today with every company of giving the option of a turbo like power windows or heated seats. Plus all of my neighbors drive wrx. I built mine.

timeslips or gtfo.

eta: what turbo?
club clash sessions at Bandermere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado 11.803 with .582rt

Honda Enthusiast
Why do you think all of the most powerful supercars are 8or 12 cylinder? A larger engine makes more power. I like 4 cylinders as I am a Honda fan, but I know there are other factors to consider in a car besides just power output.

A 500hp V8 purpose engineered will be more reliable than your I4 making the same power, especially with your cheap parts.

Registered
club clash sessions at Bandermere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado 11.803 with .582rt
Why do you think all of the most powerful supercars are 8or 12 cylinder? A larger engine makes more power. I like 4 cylinders as I am a Honda fan, but I know there are other factors to consider in a car besides just power output.

A 500hp V8 purpose engineered will be more reliable than your I4 making the same power, especially with your cheap parts.
facts have nothing to do with my cheap build. I am referencing centrifugal force. Debates are appreciated if both parties are open minded. I grew up when Supershops was the hangout. My first car was a 66 chavelle ss. I think it was a specific option brand new, for it had an in line 6 with a 2 speed powerglide. I removed both and installed a 396 with an entire B&M turbo350 shift kit and all. I could layout my resume, but that is not why I joined this forum. So debates are a waste of time for me if there is no gain. When you write super-cars, are you referring to formula-1? I'm positive that those engines are 90掳 v6. You should check out 4 piston racing.

Ever since I bought my 鈥05 LX with a 5 speed m/t I鈥檝e noticed how a lot of people like to disregard others trying to make good gains out of a good engine. It gets great gas mileage; lasts me two weeks between fuel ups (my 鈥04 CR-V got me a week at best because the tank is tiny) and even though it is everything an American sedan is, it goes around corners like a champ. I will say that people who want to mod the hell out of one should only do so if they know how much it will cost, but it鈥檚 not impossible to get 300 hp gains while cutting weight if one puts enough time and bucks into theirs. I鈥檝e seen a lot more of them on the streets as the ricer culture has hit it and the CR-V, with people blacking out the lights and slapping on 20鈥 rims. What do the more hardened Accord owners think about all this?
I agree with DARKART in regards to upgrading to tsx motor. K24A2 swap. As I know that I don't have a money Tree out front or an endless bank account. If the LX is what you have, go modify it and have fun. That's what separates us from everybody else. My advise to you is, to try and not allow some other factor of presence dictate your decision. We can only play the cards that we are dealt. Be confident in what you decide and do your homework. YouTube is a great resource, in more ways than 1. Before you begin improving your drive train, you should upgrade your ability to stop and handle the power. Each vehicle is designed with its components for a reason. So if you find a k24a2 at a salvage yard off of a tsx, grab the front brake calipers as well. The Accord has the same frame as the Acura tsx so no need to get overwhelmed with suspension. Last, think about adding the type-s final drive or the 6th gear to your transmission. For engine management look into k-tuner in ECU end user board kit to be installed in the accords ECU. good luck!

Super Moderator
^Are you for real? This is some of the funniest, nonsensical, rambling group of 1970s Car Craft magazine phrases I've read here in a while.

So, no time slips, huh?

I can't believe this is a thread.

ziptie princess
everything that is installed from the coilover s to the pancake plate are all maxpeedingrods. Not only was i trying to build an eBay boosted granny special, I was trying to stay with one brand. When I ran at Bandermere Speedway here in colorado, 5,280' above sealevel, I ran a t3 with external 38mm WG and a lot style manifold. Now I built a custom sidewinder and a new $100 t3 with internal WG. Should gain a bit more. I found a type-s RBB-2 on ebay for $350. Once that's rebuilt, I'm going to say that it's safe to say...mid to low 10s!

pound for pound. Do the math! In line engines are able to hit higher rpm's with less. I'm not saying that v6 or v8 are not worthy, I'm simply stating facts. Pound for pound my stock accord is so much faster and responsive then my Grand cherokee. I've raced so many v8 vehicles that can barely edge me out. Why do think motorcycles are so fast?

i didn't ask for the brand, i meant the specs. t3 means anything from like a .48 to a super 60, but either way you'd be lucky to make more than 200 ground squirrels at 7 psi, especially through an automatic. there's absolutely no way you're running 11s, let alone 10s, unless you mean in the 1/8th mile.

also that second paragraph is just bananas. gcs are slow, if you really had an 11 second car you would wash most v8 street cars, and motorcycles have a little thing called power to weight going for them. i mean, you do know that the majority of motogp bikes are v4s, right?

rt is absolutely unimportant here, 60' and et matter. post a picture of your timeslip.

Registered
^Are you for real? This is some of the funniest, nonsensical, rambling group of 1970s Car Craft magazine phrases I've read here in a while.

So, no time slips, huh?
I did of realize that this was a missing contest! If anyone is building a 7gen boosted and have legitimate questions or concerns, I'll answer to help you, not, go through the struggles and mistakes and the non disclosed amount of money i wasted due to the simple fact that there is not a ton of info regarding this particular vehicle. It can be done for I did it! I've spent too much money and time in the last year to even consider dignifying you with proof. I've got tickets and photos, but who are you to get what I worked my rear end off for because you need what? HUH? Moderate that!

ziptie princess
hmm hmm sounds like someone鈥檚 full of sh*t

to redeem the thread a little, here鈥檚 an actual 11-second car doing 11-second car things. please note: this involves a bigger turbo and 5x the boost. to quote mark donohue, 鈥渋f you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower.鈥

(done on a closed course in mexico by a professional driver etc)

Registered
swearing
Gas mileage is meh. The only vehicle I have ever owned that I could get 35 mpg from was a D15B1 powered EF (ED) hatch. This K24 is between 18-24 in the city and about 33 mpg on a long highway trip.

What is so special about American sedans? The G8 and SS were the best and they weren't "American". I did like the early 00s Grand Am, but it wasn't exactly special or great. Further, I don't know what suspension modifications you have in your Accord, but my 2017 "Sport" understeers and body rolls like crazy. I am working on the suspension currently. I can get it around corners okay, but it's nothing like the Mini Cooper or even my experience with an EF hatchback. I just need to get an AWD Guilia...

You could get 300hp out of the K24 if you were so inclined, but unless you just have an emotional attachment to the car, why? There are so many better cars to modify, not to mention be cheaper to get power out of. A member of k20.org got over 500hp out of a K24A4, but I can guarantee that with it's stock internals running 21 PSI of boost, it's not reliable, but it shows you what is possible. For a good, more reliable setup, you need to swap the head out on the A4 for one with true VTEC.
That鈥檚 true but the mileage is better than my auto CR-V; that thing is a brick. Nothing is great about American sedans other than that there isn鈥檛 one out there anymore; 6 speed with the V6 was the last stretch. They have died off. I haven鈥檛 don鈥檛 anything to the car; it鈥檚 pretty round and low to the ground stock. The problem with handling comes from the fact that all the modern cars think it鈥檚 a good idea to slap big wheels on everything because 鈥渟tyling;鈥 it makes cars corner a little better (REMOVED BY MODERATOR DUE TO FOUL LANGUAGE) . I鈥檝e seen them swapped into GT-S鈥檚 and S2Ks and they used them in F3 for a time.

great gas mileage? maybe on the highway. mine struggles to get 20mpg city. plus, it doesn鈥檛 rev, doesn鈥檛 make power, leaks oil from everywhere (unless it burns it instead)...

also from the factory this thing has mediocre handling (with decent steering feel being its only saving grace) and terminal understeer. mine has buddy club coils and a cl-s rear bar and finally handles sort of okay even if it still doesn鈥檛 rotate as well as i鈥檇 like
How many miles does yours have?! I think mine must鈥檝e been grandma鈥檇 before I bought it. Cars never used to last this long anyway, not even Hondas. Tell me the how many times you鈥檝e seen a 3GZ on the road in the past decade...

How come everyone here still hates the 4 bangers? Sure they don鈥檛 make much power but mated to the m/t it feels like butter. I was used to a 鈥94 Sunbird V6; y鈥檃ll have it lucky...

ziptie princess
I鈥檝e seen them swapped into GT-S鈥檚 and S2Ks and they used them in F3 for a time.

How many miles does yours have?! I think mine must鈥檝e been grandma鈥檇 before I bought it. Cars never used to last this long anyway, not even Hondas. Tell me the how many times you鈥檝e seen a 3GZ on the road in the past decade...

How come everyone here still hates the 4 bangers? Sure they don鈥檛 make much power but mated to the m/t it feels like butter. I was used to a 鈥94 Sunbird V6; y鈥檃ll have it lucky...
i've only seen f20cs swapped into 86s and they were stock in the s2k but k-swapped miatas and s-chassis are starting to be a thing, a friend of mine is thinking about doing it in his svo when he blows up the 2.3. all those k-swaps use the a2 instead of the pos a4/a8 from the accord though, there's a reasonably significant difference.

mine has 123k or so, had 110 when i got it. it wasn't beat on, but the owners only lived a mile or so from work so i'm still cleaning sludge out of the head. also idk what a 3gz is soooooooo

i personally love 4 cylinders- aside from my kz, maxima, and xj, everything i've owned otherwise (and that's like... 17 cars and a cbr 600) has been a 4 cylinder. the thing is, i like small displacement, high-revving motors, and the k24 in the accord is not that. redline is at 6500ish? and it's lazy about getting there- plus, the displacement means that it's a thirsty binch. the thing that's a bummer is that a stock bp with a baby ihi turbo will make similar or more power (180/180 on gate) but get better gas mileage around town and be a lot happier about revving to redline (7200). heck, my wagon (posted earlier in the thread) made well over 400 wheel on the stock motor, stock ecu, averaged 28 mpg mixed and 32 highway, and would absolutely rip your face off when the turbo spooled... so i think the k24a4 is just disappointing?

Registered
No, that鈥檚 what some people refer to 4 cylinder cars. Woo, a kid shelled out some money to buy transportation with four pistons in it. Villainous. It鈥檚 stuff like this that just adds to my case. I don鈥檛 like working on the V6 engines; they do make more power at a dismal hit to fuel economy but they are crammed in there, even on the Pilot and are a nightmare to service at times. The k24 is beefy compression-wise and that鈥檚 it, but it鈥檚 much simpler to work on. How inappropriate...

Super Moderator
No, that鈥檚 what some people refer to 4 cylinder cars. Woo, a kid shelled out some money to buy transportation with four pistons in it. Villainous. It鈥檚 stuff like this that just adds to my case. I don鈥檛 like working on the V6 engines; they do make more power at a dismal hit to fuel economy but they are crammed in there, even on the Pilot and are a nightmare to service at times. The k24 is beefy compression-wise and that鈥檚 it, but it鈥檚 much simpler to work on. How inappropriate...
^What in Tom Cruise's name are you talking about? DriveAccord is a car forum, not the emo validation club at Facebook.

i still have no idea what you're talking about
Agreed.

Registered
3rd gen. The one with pop up headlights; looks similar to a corolla gts/sr5 from the same time. Anyways in the past they were a really popular platform to build on (first Honda to have the double wishbone on all four corners from factory) but they鈥檝e all been beat and I haven鈥檛 seen one on the road for years. The point is that yeah, the oil is leaking (sorry to hear about that, I have a timing cover coming off my V) but cars never lasted as long as they have now and it鈥檚 pretty cool that something as conservative as a bulky 4 cyl could last as long. Except the new ones, I wouldn鈥檛 expect those to last half as long and I鈥檝e already seen it happen.

^What in Tom Cruise's name are you talking about? DriveAccord is a car forum, not the emo validation club at Facebook.

Agreed.
This whole conversation I鈥檝e been talking more about cars than you have. Okay, want some real talk? You should鈥檝e opted away from the slushbox bud. Here鈥檚 to hoping you鈥檙e not berating me and driving at the same time.

Bob's your UNCLE ...
Got to say, this thread ... was worth every SECOND of waisted time I spent reading it. Stuck with it for the "lulz" and was not disappointed.

Number 1 highlight - hands down - the sub 11 second eBay turbo'd whip and banter regards ... total flashbacks of that Denver kid, and when I saw the Colorado reference I spit my coffee all over the laptop !! If this thing is real, good on ya' mate, had I the knowledge and tools to frank that kind of setup I probably would too.

Second highlight of the thread ... 3geez .... LMFAO - that's priceless right there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.