Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
BMW Fanatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum. Downsized from a 2013 F-150 Supercrew FX4 to a 2014 Accord Sport 6MT. Very pleased with the car, especially the gas mileage and feels great to drive a car with a manual transmission again.

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights? Would I have to take it to the dealer to have them switched off?

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
23 Posts
You sound like me. I downsized on Nov 1st from a 2011 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 to a 2014 Accord EX-L I4/CVT. That extra gas mileage does feel great.

Can't help ya on the DRL issue though.

·
BMW Fanatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sound like me. I downsized on Nov 1st from a 2011 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 to a 2014 Accord EX-L I4/CVT. That extra gas mileage does feel great.

Can't help ya on the DRL issue though.
I went from 15mpg on the F-150 to 26 in the city and 34ish on the highway with the Accord. I miss the extra space that the truck had, but I'm really digging the Accord.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
As stated, pull the fuse. Very simple

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have both, 2013 F-150 SuperCew FX4 and 2013 Accord Sport 6MT.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Disabling the DRLs? Haha I just shelled out $70 just so I could add an LED DRL Strip. Accord tried with the strip light, but that just doesn't cut it for me, personally.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
Great forum. Downsized from a 2013 F-150 Supercrew FX4 to a 2014 Accord Sport 6MT. Very pleased with the car, especially the gas mileage and feels great to drive a car with a manual transmission again.

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights? Would I have to take it to the dealer to have them switched off?

Cheers,
Daniel
WELCOME just curious did you have the ecoboost twin turbo or the 6.2 with the F150 ? The gas difference is huge compared to you truck. I have a tundra 5.7 with the 4:30 gears and am getting 12-14 mpg lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went from 15mpg on the F-150 to 26 in the city and 34ish on the highway with the Accord. I miss the extra space that the truck had, but I'm really digging the Accord.
I was running the ecoboost in mine. I would see about 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. Now I am getting about 28 mpg and 38 mpg. I feather the accord. I have a datalogger hooked up to the OBDII port and with the cruise on 65 mph I am seeing 40 mpg. To confirm that I did a 100 mile drive to my brothers with the cruise set to 65. By the time I got there the car said I was at 38.3 mpg and it was still increasing. Love it!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was running the ecoboost in mine. I would see about 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. Now I am getting about 28 mpg and 38 mpg. I feather the accord. I have a datalogger hooked up to the OBDII port and with the cruise on 65 mph I am seeing 40 mpg. To confirm that I did a 100 mile drive to my brothers with the cruise set to 65. By the time I got there the car said I was at 38.3 mpg and it was still increasing. Love it!
Yep just did a Turkey day drive to VA from Pennsatucky 115 miles and got 35.7 at set 67-69 on cruise.

Man it is nice especially since our Governor just added 28 cents to the gallon for road tax!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Disabling the DRLs? Haha I just shelled out $70 just so I could add an LED DRL Strip. Accord tried with the strip light, but that just doesn't cut it for me, personally.
Which LED strip did you buy? I have a coupe and have been looking for a led strip to replace the bulb that is there. Can you provide link and your thoughts on brightness, installation, etc. Thanks

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Which LED strip did you buy? I have a coupe and have been looking for a led strip to replace the bulb that is there. Can you provide link and your thoughts on brightness, installation, etc. Thanks
I just ordered them yesterday, so I'm still waiting on them, but I will post what I can about the installation, brightness, etc. to the thread "DIY LED DRL mod for trims without it" or something along those lines. Here's what I purchased:

Got the LED DRL strips from iJDMtoy.com:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Accord-Headlight-LED-DRL-Kit-p/led-drl-5g.htm

And a Wiring harness so that I can keep all the wiring in the engine area:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e92b2805&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ha, I also went from a F-150 Supercrew to the Accord. Loved it, but I got rid of everything I pulled with it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum. Why do you want to disable your DRLs? They are a safety feature to make you more visible to other cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just ordered them yesterday, so I'm still waiting on them, but I will post what I can about the installation, brightness, etc. to the thread "DIY LED DRL mod for trims without it" or something along those lines. Here's what I purchased:

Got the LED DRL strips from iJDMtoy.com:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Accord-Headlight-LED-DRL-Kit-p/led-drl-5g.htm

And a Wiring harness so that I can keep all the wiring in the engine area:
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=360394205189

Ebay link didn't work, also could you post your results when installed and maybe do a write up? This has me intrigued.

·
Reverse
66 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alrighty, I fixed the link for you, sorry about that! And absolutely, I'd be happy to do a write-up. I'll post it here --> http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87497
Thanks a lot, I was interested in these iJdm ones for a while but wanted to see someone install them before i got them since i am not too good with wires and installations. A write up will be awesome along with pictures of both day and night.
I have seen that ebay wire harness before, do you plan on hooking that up to each side led by cutting the adapter that comes on it already and just matching the wires?

·
Registered
151 Posts
WOW, there are a LOT of us that went from truck to car. I traded in my 2012 FX4 SuperCrew 5.0l for a 2013 Accord EX-L 4cyl. I could not justify the 14mpg anymore when I used the truck bed maybe 4x a year at best. I only used it for mulch, topsoil, occasionally some lumber, plants, etc. My buddy has a truck with trailer and for a few dollars in gas I can borrow it when needed. This saves me TONS of money each year! I do miss the V8 with my dual Flowmasters, but I put 1400watts of audio goodness into the Accord, so it is just as fun. Glad to see I am not alone.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum. Why do you want to disable your DRLs? They are a safety feature to make you more visible to other cars.
What a silly question. Why would you need lights during the daytime? They cost MPG and they are totally not needed. I mean there are never any cases where it's a bright sunny day and a driver's eyes are acclimated to the bright light, and he doesn't see a car without any lights on coming out of a tunnel, or from underneath a bridge or shady trees. Oh and aircraft landing lights are not necessary and are never used in broad daylight in the landing pattern.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts