Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,352 Posts
Yes it is possible. And really not that difficult. Our beloved Princess did a DIY post some years back on how to add the illuminated switches from an 05' to the 03' and 04'. Although most of this post is not necessary to you, it should help you with removing the old ones and reinstalling the new ones (it should be fairly similar). Use this link and scroll down to post #48 to begin the tutorial.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/1205-05-accord-sedans-3.html

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes it is possible. And really not that difficult. Our beloved Princess did a DIY post some years back on how to add the illuminated switches from an 05' to the 03' and 04'. Although most of this post is not necessary to you, it should help you with removing the old ones and reinstalling the new ones (it should be fairly similar). Use this link and scroll down to post #48 to begin the tutorial.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/1205-05-accord-sedans-3.html
It actually is difficult to replace the button on the steering wheel in our cars. You need to removed the steering wheel and airbag to get access. Unplug the negative battery terminal and there are two torx screws on the sides of the steering wheel. Then you will be able to removed the airbag. Then there is a philips under the airbag. Remove the steering wheel, unplug all harness and there will be another philips behind the wheel. You cannot get access to the philips screw behind the steering wheel without removing it. Sorry.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,352 Posts
You cannot get access to the philips screw behind the steering wheel without removing it. Sorry.
Oh wow. That sucks. I only had to remove air bag to do mine. In any case, they can still be replaced. Just a little more difficult than the 7th gens.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Maybe a Brother P-Touch label maker?

You've used the "Audio control button on [your] 2013 Sport [so it] is worn." Wow. That's a lot of use. And you don't remember which way to push the button without looking at it?

·
Honda/Sound Enthusiast
120 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. Anyone know the part number for the menu button above the volume controls? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Honda/Sound Enthusiast
120 Posts
This one?

2016 Honda Accord 2 Door TRN-V6 KA 6AT steering wheel

Looks it comes as a whole assembly with volume, source, etc.
Yep seems to be what I'm looking for. I probably won't replace it yet, the black is chipping though and you can see white under it on the menu button (14,000 miles.. already?) I'll just wait until the other buttons get worn too but thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
You've used the "Audio control button on [your] 2013 Sport [so it] is worn." Wow. That's a lot of use. And you don't remember which way to push the button without looking at it?
That's a helpful response :rolleyes:

I had a small wear mark on mine when I bought it and had some white showing through. I touched it up with a Sharpie ( a few "coats") and it looks brand new. I'm sure it will wear off again, but it's an easy, cheap, quick fix. Didn't think to take before and after pictures :)

·
Honda/Sound Enthusiast
120 Posts
That's a helpful response :rolleyes:

I had a small wear mark on mine when I bought it and had some white showing through. I touched it up with a Sharpie ( a few "coats") and it looks brand new. I'm sure it will wear off again, but it's an easy, cheap, quick fix. Didn't think to take before and after pictures :)
Not to be a pain but mind posting a pic? Wanna do this because I'm too lazy to rip the steering wheel apart buuuuut :wink

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not to be a pain but mind posting a pic? Wanna do this because I'm too lazy to rip the steering wheel apart buuuuut :wink
Not a pain at all...here you go :) In the second and third pics with the flash you can tell where I touched it up. But unless you're shining that kind of light on it, it just looks black. I use that button quite a bit myself and that's about a month of use so far with no change.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
The entire right side of my button was worn off and white... I tried the Sharpie route that didn't last, so, I went to Wal-Mart in the craft section and got a 1.97 black paint marker ant it is a spot on match. I think the car is faster too (probably not).

·
6th Gear
765 Posts
On my 7th Gen, I replaced both left- and right-side button assemblies when the text was wearing off. I just did not like the appearance with the text rubbed off, especially since you look at these buttons all the time. The finish was fine, but the text was too much faded.

I now mainly use the controls on the audio unit so I keep the button text on the steering wheel preserved in new condition!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts